- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Smoking Allowed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome the our James Island Beach Retreat!
Our James Island Beach Retreat is located on the historical sea-island community of James Island. Ideally located just 4 mins. from Downtown Charleston and 17 mins. from Folly Beach you are set to savor all that Charleston has to offer!
Fort Sumter is located on an island just off the eastern tip of James Island and is the site of the first battle of the Civil War.
❤️ WHAT OUR GUEST SAY ❤️
Our visitors enthusiastically rate our homes 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ because:
“Really GREAT place! 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️very is a SUPER HOST!!.”
“The home is located about 10-15 from everything! Just an Uber ride away to Folly, and downtown Charleston.”
“This place was beautiful!!!!”
“Great location and super tidy!”
“Heidi home is a must stay!!! super cute set up with classy decor. She has everything if you leave anything at home."
"Great location, convenient to downtown nightlife shopping and sightseeing!”
“Lots of cool little eateries in this neighborhood that you might not get to if you’re staying downtown.”
“The home was very tidy and was ideal for our trips to the city and beaches.”
“Immaculate home. Beach bag, beach towels, and blanket available to use. Coffee available. Plenty of tidy towels for everybody.”
“Her home is impeccably kept, effortlessly located, and generously adorned. Heidi is a thoughtful host, and does a great job anticipating your wants and needs without being overbearing”
“James Island was a great central location for day trips to Folly / Kiawah/ Isle of Palms beaches as well as downtown Charleston.”
“I believe you thought of everything.”
“My group of 5 friends and I were able to sleep soundly in very restfully beds! ”
“Heidi has everything you need. Not to mention it is CLEAN! Parking was great.”
“We opted to take $10 Uber rides rather than try to deal with parking and were very excstatic we did.”
"The home was very tidy and chic. The linens was super calming and every little detail was thought of to make our stay comfortable."
❤️ THE SPACE ❤️
- Roomy, freshly modernized 2 story 2,374 sq ft Charleston brick home
- Sizable 3/4 acre unit offers tons of room to relax
- 4 bedrooms all upstairs
- 2.5 bathrooms-2 full upstairs and downstairs half bath
- Professionally designed
- Professionally cleaned
- Parking for up to 7 cars
- Volley Ball
- Fire Pit
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Jumbo Jenga
- Game Room with Air Hockey and other inside games
- Gas BBQ
- 65 inch Roku Intelligent TV in downstairs living room
- 50" Vizio Intelligent TV in upstairs loft/4th bedroom
-Access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus
- 200 Gig Fast Wi-Fi
- Wireless printer
- 24-hour exterior surveillance cameras
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Giant dining tables for 10 plus
It has a modern, uncluttered look with heart pine wood floors and tile everywhere the downstairs, carpet and decorative vinyl floors upstairs, central heat and air, patio with sitting area, grille, bedroom and living room ceiling fans for those hot Southern days.
❤️ THE ROOMS ❤️
- All bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms are located upstairs
- Kitchen, Living, Dining, Foyer, Laundry, Half Bath and Garage are located downstairs
- Queen canopy bedroom plus day bed that has a full private bathroom, enormous full length wardrobe mirror, makeup area, closet and fireplace
- King bed bedroom with full length wardrobe mirror and closet
- 2 twins bedroom
-Loft bedroom with full size couch sleeper, couch and upsized chair with 50" Intelligent Vizio TV.
-Dining room has a generous table that sits 6 plus another sizable round dining table that seats another 4 off the living room
-Bathrooms have tons of extras like makeup wipes or separate wash clothes if needed, Q Tips, hair dryer, a tub/shower in one and shower in the other, cabinets, and tons of storage
-Kitchen has a brand new stainless appliances, K Cup coffee maker, refrigerator with ice maker, tea kettle, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, silverware, and a breakfast bar. Iron and board can be found in the laundry closet along with the washer/dryer.
-Living room has 2 sizable couches, one with a pullout queen couch bed and another sitting chair, fireplace, and 65" Roku Intelligent TV
The Beach Island House is professionally cleaned prior to every check-in. New, tidy linens and towels are included.
There is additional outdoor space in the backyard with 6-7 person Hot Tub, Fire Pit and BBQ grille along with corn hole, volley ball and other games in the back with abundant shade
Savor your craft libations on the outdoor space and relax after a long day of shopping. We have the ideal layout for you to get away and discover Charleston for the first or one-hundredth time
❤️ LOCATION ❤️
- 6 min drive away from Downtown Charleston's world-class eateries, breathtaking
nightlife, galleries, museums, stores, salons, and more
- 6 min drive to Medical Universtiy of SC, Roper and Veterans Hospital
- 17 min drive to Folly Beach
- 1 min to Ellis Creek Fish Camp
- 4 mins to Smokey Oak Taproom
- 14 mins to the Fort Sumter Ferry Boat
- 28 mins to Morris Island lighthouse on the tip of Folly Beach
- 20-25 mins to Boeing, Bosch, Mercedes, Volvo
- 26 mins to Trident and Summerville Medical Centers
- 35-40 mins from Downtown Charleston shopping and world-class eateries and the
- 10 mins to James Island County park
- 20-25 mins to Wannamaker County Park Waterpark (Seasonal and costs apply)
- We have outdoor seating, a BBQ grille and a gas Fire Pit
- Harris Teeter, Publix, Walmart are just 3-5 mins away
- 7 mins to Charleston Municipal Golf Course (costs may apply)
- 50 mins to Kiawah Island world acclaimed Sea Golf Course
COMPLIMENTARY DASH Shuttle will take you to nearly anywhere downtown like Upper King, East Bay or Market Streets.
Charleston is an extremely unique city on the eastern seaboard. Unparalleled in its beauty, growing rapidly, and always expanding its culinary and arts scene while still maintaining its historical integrity, the Holy City has much to offer.
Marion Square every Saturday hosts a Farmers’ Market with locally grown produce, handmade goods, and delicious food stands.
Charleston City Market is the place for an authentic Charlestonian experience. It is one of the oldest public markets in America. Stretching over four city blocks, the market includes over 300 vendors. There are also plenty of great coffee stores and peaceful places to take your laptop and work if you don't want to work "at home".
❤️️ GUEST ACCESS/INTERACTION ❤️️
Guests will have exclusive, unshared access to the entire home, outdoor sitting area, and room to park 1 standard size car in the designated parking area. Other cars can be parked in the guest parking areas (availability varies) **Please, contact us if you need additional parking**
You will have access to the entire home. Our home does feature keyless entry to make your check-in simple, 24 hours a day.
We respect all our visitors’ privacy. We are available via phone or text if you experience any issues. Please, contact us if there is something, we can help with in order to make your stay beyond ideal.
Please, sign our guest rent and leave some helpful tips for your fellow travelers.
❤️️ GETTING AROUND ❤️️
Car is the peerless way to get around.
All parking is complimentary at our homes.
We have designated parking for 7 cars.
If going to downtown Charleston I recommend an Uber or Lyft ride to avoid the anxiety of finding parking and navigating the one-way streets. It is about a $10 ride.
Once downtown you can hop on the COMPLIMENTARY DASH Shuttle to get around.
The CARTA shuttle service is a great way to get around if you don't want to drive. They have a Park N Ride pickup location just down the road at Dorchester Village Shopping Center (Near Money Man Pawn Shop). You can park for complimentary and ride the shuttle (modest price) to downtown or most anywhere else you need to go. Once downtown you can get around downtown for complimentary using the Carta COMPLIMENTARY DASH Shuttle!
See the map in our photos or at this website for hours and schedule https://www.ridecarta.com/services/park-ride/
We also highly recommend using ride-sharing services:
For a complimentary ride in Uber credit, use my code - iyql4
For a complimentary ride in Lyft credit, use my code - TIFO2
❤️️ ADDITIONAL CHARGES ❤️️
$200 per nighttime smoking fee (we are nonsmoking)
$200 per nighttime pet fee (we are pet fee)
$30 to replace lost or damaged parking passes
$25 per guest per nighttime fee if not on the reservation
Please feel complimentary to reach out with any questions!
Earning 5 ⭐️SUPERHOST status, AIR PLUS and the "Business Travel Ready" and "Family Ready" distinctions our place is ready for your next stay.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guides with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly longing for during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to come across a rental which matches their desires and price range.
The majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Owners often select management companies to facilitate promoting and marketing, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book "????PRIME????LOCATION, JAMES ISLAND, 4 MINS CHARLESTON, HOT TUB, RV 7+CAR PARKING", review our brief checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best choice of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plot their Summer vacations..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Start by determining which particular area of Charleston area you'd like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure "????PRIME????LOCATION, JAMES ISLAND, 4 MINS CHARLESTON, HOT TUB, RV 7+CAR PARKING" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a costly vacation property. A single individual in your company will need to be responsible for collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the family travelling with a dog? Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've found your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Go Through The Contract
Read the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular rate, visitors must pay local taxes when renting "????PRIME????LOCATION, JAMES ISLAND, 4 MINS CHARLESTON, HOT TUB, RV 7+CAR PARKING", in addition to various other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs. This may protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward with regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental home? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If the rental was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- White Point Garden - 1.7 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 1.8 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 2.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 2.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.1 miles
- City Marina - 2.1 miles
- Rainbow Row - 2.2 miles
- Washington Square - 2.2 miles