- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 434 sq ft (40 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 434 square feet
*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
GRAND AND EXTAORDINARILY MARVELOUS~
This handsome boutique property blends modern lines with traditional architectural elements unique to Charleston, South Carolina.
Approximately 434 square feet, this Studio Standard features 1 King Bed and 1 Couch Bed in the living area including a full kitchen, and bathroom. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: internet access (wi-fi), cable T.V., coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and iron/ironing board.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
The check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to King 583 is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively. Reminder for late check-in procedures: Telephone resort if arriving past 11 p.m.
Please note by purchasing this listing you agree that there may be a chance for an 'Upgrade' to your unit for a bigger unit that will fit the same amount of people, if this becomes available we will upgrade your room without question and complimentary of charge.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office hours are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at King 583, we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Limited on-site parking is $23 for owners and $38 for non-owners. Valet hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. One car per reservation. We cannot accommodate trailers, RVs, motorbikes or over sized cars. In case our garage is full, Charleston offers many public parking options. No shuttle service available. For our special needs guests: we are not able to extend complimentary parking on site. However, cars with handicap decals may be eligible for complimentary parking at local public garages.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Aiken-Rhett House Museum and Unitarian Church. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best rental home experience:
How to get the best value:
- Summer months are the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Reserving a rental home in Fall or Spring months is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Owners sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides which will include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose the best vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- Select dates and maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. King 583 - Charleston - Studio Standard has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available online. If not, reach out to the host before booking the home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to establish what configuration is right for your vacation family.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or applied to your agreement.
During your stay:
- Add the owner's information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- At Check-in, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Many rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles