- As low as $917/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
- 2 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 14
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2400 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
ABOUT JESSAMINE HOME
Please read the entire listing prior to booking.
Constructed 1905 - wraparound verandah/piazzas. Sleeps 14.
Located in the historic Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood, a block away from vibrant King Street. This cavernous home has plenty of room for families or groups to spread out, including a humongous loft space and wraparound piazzas (that's what we call porches!) with seating groupings so that you can socialize or sit off and have a peaceful coffee under the traditional haint blue ceiling. 1 King Master Bedroom with doors to the piazza, 2 Queen Guest Bedrooms, one with doors to the piazza,1 Sofabed room with doors that convert to a bedroom, doors to the piazza,1 LARGE Bathroom with shower - note tub is non-functional. Second floor is 800 open space: 1 King Bed, 4 Twin Beds, 1 Bathroom. Kitchen is enormous with seating for 14+, Washer/Dryer, Extra-sizable piazza porch space with seating for 14+
Jessamine House has a WALKABILITY SCORE: of 95! Great for bigger groups to walk around together to dinner and nightlife.
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Everything that makes this location marvelous also means it's not suburban peaceful! Our location is phenomenal for walkability and is surrounded by impressive dining and entertainment - which includes music venues, including those located close by on King Street, a block away. While the City of Charleston has a noise ordinance that starts at 11 pm through 7 am - any loud music should end at 11 pm, even on the weekends - HCVR cannot control our proximity to the liveliness that makes this an splendid location, nor can we be held responsible for adjacent noise out of our control. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This is not a good location for those that are bothered by urban noises and/or who need complete peaceful in order to sleep. There may be street noises and other sounds typical of an urban location. This unit is on the top two floors of a huge home, with potential other guests in the units below you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site. As this building was constructed in1905 and modernized to retain the old-world Charleston appeal, the original wood floors do not have modern soundproofing. You may also hear other urban sounds like garbage trucks and other noises coming from the street areas. HCVR will not discount nor refund for noise complaints. By the act of renting this unit, the guest accepts the potential for noise as detailed above.
PARKING: This unit offers ONE off-street parking spot. Additional parking is located a block away in the City of Charleston parking garage at a charge of $18 per day. Note: No tandem parking. No blocking of stairwells or other cars. No motorbikes, scooters, golf carts, or any other type of motorized car. Guests are not to use modest side pad next to home. Guests are not to plug any car into the power outlets in the home, including but not limited to EV (Electric Vehicles). If there is a parking concern, please contact the Host immediately. HOA will tow without warning if parking rules are not followed.
Need even MORE room for your group? Jessamine House takes up the top two floors of the main home. The front door is on the street level and takes you up a flight of stairs to the second and third floors. There are units on the bottom floor of the home that can be rented separately or may be occupied with other guests. Please contact us if you are interested in renting the entire home which in total would sleep up to 18 plus 4 kids. Please send an inquiry for more availability, including other units on the same property: 1 to 3 bedrooms. We also have additional units available two blocks away on Spring Street that can accommodate bigger groups, ideal for wedding accommodations and family get-togethers.
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No guests that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outside on property
No EV (Electric Vehicles) to be connected to outlets
Quiet Hours 11pm to 7am
**Host/Property Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental immediately due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All guests are required to fill out a Point of Contact including home address. All guests are required to register prior to arrival with names, DOB of all guests, car information, and a copy of drivers license (e-mail to HCVR), and signing a Rental Agreement which will be sent to you via e-mail immediately. After that information is complete you will receive your confirmation e-mail. All guests receive check-in information, including door and wifi codes, 48 hours prior to arrival via e-mail.
SECURITY DEPOSIT $900 as a credit card hold, to be released 7 days past checkout if no issues - security deposit required directly with HCVR.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable.
PORCH USE and FURNITURE: Your porch is the entire second-floor verandah. Do not move porch furnishings to other areas of the property or downstairs. Do not use the porch sitting downstairs in the front of the property or downstairs in rear of the property. as those are for the guests in the front and back units. Thank you.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a $50 flat credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us, or elsewhere.
CONSUMABLES: We offer starter coffee pods/creamer/sugar for the Keurig coffee maker, and may include hotel-size shampoo/conditioner/soap, and other consumables such as laundry pods, laundry detergent, and trash bags as available. If you believe you'll need more than those modest amounts, we ask that you consider bringing additional supplies.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: We ask minimal of our guests upon check-out, but do require the following:
* Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
* Leave towels on floor of bathroom.
* Run the dishwasher if needed.
* Discard all foods from the refrigerator and freezer - Don't leave anything at all in the refrigerator or the freezer.
* Place closed trash bag(s) into the corresponding bin located behind or adjacent to the home near the parking area marked with your unit letter.
* Check to make sure you have taken all of your belongings!
* Close/lock all of the doors (including those to porches and verandahs!)
* Text us when you've checked out!
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking exterior public areas such as porches, parking, and common areas. Security cameras record during a guest reservation.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
Charleston City Permit: 02388
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the best Charleston vacation property experience:
Get the best value:
- Summer months are high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best vacation home for your budget, we recommend reserving in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular Charleston area attractions. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer renters an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose your vacation dates and spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Jessamine House - Great for Groups has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available online. If not, email the property management company before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is right for your vacation.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you will need a property that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During check-in, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents a lot of problems.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a wonderful stay? Many rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles