About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1300 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to my newly remodeled James Island Retreat. It is a 3/2 located 10 min from Folly Beach and 10 Min to Downtown. I am located in a peaceful neighborhood with tons of wildlife to appreciate in the back yard. Come experience the best of coastal Carolina living !
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston. Historic Rice Mill and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best Charleston area vacation property experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring months is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which often include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose dates and spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. James Island Coastal Retreat has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the property owner before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a rental that allows animals. Request details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Add the owner's information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that damages are not attributed to your family's stay, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Contact the rental manager right away to document any issues. If there is a dispute, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on good ratings to drive new bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- James Island County Park - 1.6 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.7 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.0 miles
- City Marina - 4.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.0 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.1 miles