- As low as $157/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach umbrellas
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Service animals only (pets not allowed)
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Beach gear rental credit is supplied at this property for qualifying stays. Read below for more details!
Escape to heaven at Isle Escape — a striking home located on the impressive Isle of Palms just outside Charleston. This 4BR getaway offers ample space, a handsome outdoor space, and a 5-min. walk to the beach.
Isle Escape’s chic and natural design is ideally accented with beachy Southern touches throughout. The open layout makes it simple to connect between the living room, dining area, and sizable kitchen, ensuring that you can spend quality time together no matter where you are in the home. A roomy kitchen comes entirely-equipped with modern appliances and makes it painless for anyone to help prepare the ideal meal. Gather around the huge dining table near the windows with seating for 10 and appreciate a picture-worthy spread or a group game nighttime.
After a day spent exploring the close by beaches, rinse off in the convenient outdoor shower before heading out to the enormous patio. Here, you can savor an al fresco dining area, BBQ grille, and loungers to soak up the sunshine. Whether you're entertaining guests or just appreciating an evening in, this space is sure to impress.
When you're ready to discover beyond the beach, you'll find convenient grocery shopping just a 10-min. drive away, as well as the Isle of Palms Marina just a 5-min. drive away. For even more options, the gorgeous town of Mt. Pleasant is just a 15-min. drive away.
Don't miss out on the chance to create memorable memories at Isle Escape!
AvantStay provides an fresh experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can enjoy every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team and a tech-enabled concierge to book services, such as refrigerator stocking, mid-stay cleanings, and private chefs. For anything you need (or never knew you needed), we’re at your service!
Just off the coast of Historic Charleston, Isle of Palms offers a stunning six-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches. Spend the day chartering a boat and paddle boarding in the Atlantic, or opt to discover the broad wildlife within the area's marshes and creeks. Isle of Palms is also the ideal place to decompress with the array of the acclaimed spas, appealing eateries, and sweeping golf courses. All this and more is waiting for you in the jewel of South Carolina's lowcountry.
- Private community. Guests will not have access to the resort amenities.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be supplied upon request.
- Unfortunately, family pets are not allowed in this home. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- The driveway accommodates 4-5 cars.
- No street parking.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / 2x bunk beds
Bedroom 3 / Queen bed
Bedroom 4 / King bed
+ 2x tri-folds if requested
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been included in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 28 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Beach Gear Credit:
AvantStay has partnered with VayK Gear, a beach gear delivery service provider, to offer beach gear units to our guests!
Guests with reservations of 2 to 14 nights at participating AvantStay properties will receive a credit towards beach gear units during your stay. The credit amount will vary based on your booking. You may use your credit for bicycles, chairs and umbrellas, beach carts, body boards, and more - the choice is yours!
Once you’ve made your reservation at one of our participating properties, be on the lookout for an e-mail from VayK Gear to make your gear selection. If you reach the credit limit, you can still add additional items priced at their exclusive, discounted prices. To keep your vacation anxiety-complimentary, your gear will be delivered to your rental property on the day you arrive and will be picked up the day you depart.
PLEASE NOTE: From mid-spring to early fall, beach gear inventory - especially bicycles - are in high demand and may be limited. We recommend reserving your gear as early as possible.
*Credit is applicable to guest reservations of 2 to 14 nights only. There is no cash value if the credit is not used. Some properties do not participate in this program and will not have any reference to beach gear credit in their property descriptions.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Front Beach, while Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Credit One Stadium, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including golfing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Tricks and tips to get the optimal Charleston area vacation property experience:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking in Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Some property managers offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain coupons for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Start by having your family decide on dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Isle Escape by AvantStay
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the host before booking the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what configuration is right for your trip.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or may be applied to your invoice.
Know before you go:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your .
- Record any damages to the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of problems.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an incredible source for finding the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all belongings on check-out day. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and look for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on good ratings to stimulate future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.