- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyABOUT OUR UNIT
Constructed 1905 - wraparound verandah/piazzas
Located in the historic Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood, a block away from vibrant King Street. This big home has plenty of room for families or groups to spread out, including a humongous loft space and wraparound piazzas (that's what we call porches!) with seating groupings so that you can socialize or sit off and have a peaceful coffee under the traditional haint blue ceiling.
1 King Master Bedroom with doors to the piazza
2 Queen Guest Bedrooms, one with doors to the piazza
1 Sofabed room with doors that convert to a bedroom, doors to the piazza
1 LARGE Bathroom with shower and jetted tub
Second floor is 800 open space: 1 King Bed, 4 Twin Beds, 1 Bathroom
Kitchen is enormous with seating for 14+
Extra-huge piazza porch space with seating for 14+
**WALKABILITY SCORE: 95**
PARKING: This unit offers one off-street parking spot. Additional parking is located a block away in the City of Charleston parking garage at a charge of $18 per day.
Need even MORE room for your group?
Please send an inquiry for more availability, including other units on the same unit: 1 to 3 bedrooms. We also have additional units available two blocks away on Spring Street that can accommodate bigger groups, just right for wedding accommodations and family get-togethers.
See all of our current listings:
Pineapple Suite, sleeps 4
Gardenia, House sleeps 8
Indigo Suite, sleeps 4
Ashley House, sleeps 8
Cooper House, sleeps 8
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No visitors that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outdoor on unit
No Family Animals
Quiet Hours 11pm to 7am
**Host/Unit Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental rapidly due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All visitors are mandatory to register prior to arrival with names, DOB of all visitors, and signing a Rental Agreement which will be sent to you via e-mail promptly following your confirmation e-mail.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a $50 flat credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us, or elsewhere.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This unit is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking public areas.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes provide Charleston area area traveller discount magazines that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or through a relationship between the property management company and the local store itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to modify your trip week? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer great rates on weekly rental properties.
- Several rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning guests of the same vacation home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly looking forward to ? If there's a specific Charleston area atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover how many properties can be found in their area of interest. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some tips and techniques to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental home:
Before you start to book "Jessamine House - Those Verandahs Though! - Walkability Score 95", review our brief checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked early. To assure the best selection of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Begin by deciding which particular area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the choose travel dates.
Just How Many Beds?
Determine who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Be mindful that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "Jessamine House - Those Verandahs Though! - Walkability Score 95" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving a pricey vacation property. A single member of your family will need to be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are sheet sets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pet policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Once the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything you need. If something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable homes that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest prospects for a reduced rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when renting "Jessamine House - Those Verandahs Though! - Walkability Score 95", in addition to various other fees which may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Property management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a bit. Although you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental is required to be in good shape. Sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to offer comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to go back? With some luck everything turned out to be ideal and you're excited to reserve the rental home for next season. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience to aid with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles