- 9 Bedrooms
- 9.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyYou found it! The ideal Isle of Palms set up. We have two homes right next door to each other that is owned and managed together. These charming homes are located on 42nd Avenue, located in an just right location on the island: one block from the sea with a direct beach access path, a brief distance to the IOP Marina, and walking distance to the Citadel beach home. The peaceful neighborhood street and voluminous front & back yards make it just right for family holidays. Add in the elevator at the six bedroom home, sizable porches on both, and private pool and you've found the most striking of IOP!
Upon entering the bottom level of the 6 bedroom home, the living room greets you with dazzling, cheerful decor, a enormous wall-mounted TV, and plenty of comfortable seating. There are four bedrooms located on this level, all Queen size beds with private bathrooms and each containing TVs.
Once you head up the stairs to second level of the home, you will shortly find the huge open kitchen and dining room. This area is ideal for entertaining, as we know most visitors end up hanging out around the kitchen! This area contains all modern appliances and a gorgeous dining table which seats 10 as well as 2 additional seats at the bar area. For added appreciation, the kitchen area hosts a full wet bar and sizable pantry. The pretty cabinetry, abundance of natural light, and colorful, modern design of the furnishings make this one of the most special areas of the home.
In a hallway leading off of the right of the kitchen, you will find the home's two additional bedrooms. The first of these rooms is the sizable master suite with king bed, TV and generous bath with dual vanity, walk-in shower and hottub tub. The other bedroom has also has a king bed, TV and shared bathroom, which opens to both the bedroom and the main upstairs hall.
This home includes many porches or decks, including multilevel open-air porches, accessible from both the downstairs hallway as well as the upstairs dining room. Want a private place to go to read or appreciate some sunshine? There is an sun outdoor space is located on the unique third level of the home. To access this outdoor space, one would head up the stairs from kitchen to find a special entertainment nook (also a ideal modest area for children to quietly play) and additional wet bar.
One of the best includes of the home is the enormous back yard. Play outdoor games with the family while preparing burgers on the gas grille or relax poolside in inviting lounge chairs next to the private pool (roughly 3-5 ft deep).
Upon entering the home 3 bedroom home, you will notice how the light from outdoor beams through the windows and very brightens up the entire home. The home flows generously from room to room. The brand new kitchen is connected to both dining and the living room. A generous screened porch is located just off the living room, making even more space for peaceful or entertaining. For guest appreciation, there is a half bath in the downstairs hallway. The master bedroom is also located on the main floor. It has a queen-sized bed and cute freshly redone private bathroom with double vanity.
Upstairs, you will find the two remaining bedrooms and a shared bathroom. One guestroom will have a queen bed and the other contains two twins. These sizable rooms both have a TV and generous closet space.
Totally remodeled in 2016, this home has brand new floors, appliances, countertops, and painting. This home is new to the rental market; be one of the first to stay!
There are also outdoor security cameras.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Look for these catalogs and promotional books, since this allows travelers to discover the same great activities with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer terrific savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it's beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area activity that you love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed due to health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
You might be surprised to find out just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and practical experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Do you think "What a Find! 6 Bedroom w/ Pool + Use of a 3 Bedroom Guest House Right Next Door!" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation homes start booking very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Start by picking which specific area of Charleston area you would like to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Try to remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Will the chosen rental suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple groups or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Typically, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with patio lounge? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Will the property have bikes and body boards available for use during your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Oftentimes the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your companion! Although many rentals allow pets or animals, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included.
It Is Time to Search
When the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior rental experience.
When you've identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest possibility of a reduced rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your findings.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to confirm you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental home websites seek reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but completely honest with regards to rental experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to correct the issue.
Did they like the rental choice? With a little luck everything ended up being fantastic and you are ready to reserve the same rental home for next season. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience to aid with your next search.