- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detectors
About this Property*Costs reflect special offer through August
This coastal and comfortable home is the ideal place for your next beach holiday with family and friends. This holiday rental, just a brief walk away from the chic beach and the core of the resort, has four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, and sleeps eight or more visitors. Pull into the cul-de-sac of Shad Row and you’ll see your home located into its own private piece of land. Enter into the entryway, set down your bags, and discover this enormous home. The first floor is home to a handsome living room with a giant fireplace and another sunny sitting room off of it. The open floor plan leads into the marvelously modern kitchen, complete with an island & bar, granite countertops, every appliance you’ll ever need, a wet bar, and a generous dining room table. Out the back door you’ll find the massive outdoor space that leads down to the private in-ground pool. Unwind in the hammock, at the picnic table, in one of the many pool lounge chairs, or just dive right in. Sleeping quarters are spread out between the first and second floors of the home. The master bedroom is located on the first floor and has its own private access to the pool. It also has a king bed and the big and radiant master bathroom. Another bedroom with a queen bed is on the first floor with the bathroom next door in the hallway and private access to the screened-in front porch. The other two bedrooms are up the stairs on the second floor. One with a queen bed and the other with two twin beds, both share another cavernous bathroom. They are all designed with a tidy and coastal theme and have big windows to let the sun shine in. It will be hard to leave this gorgeous home, but if you want to stretch your legs, you have access to all of the Wild Dunes Resort’s great comforts. Play on two of the most spectacular golf courses in South Carolina, the Links Course and the Harbor Course. Pamper yourself in our Sand & Sea Spa. Dine out at one of our many on-unit eateries offering everything from seafood to Southern staples. Head to downtown Charleston to soak in the beauty, history, culture and cuisine of the city. And of course, savor the handsome Isle of Palms beach. 3 Shad Row is located inside the gates of Wild Dunes, Charleston’s Island Resort, and is waiting to welcome you and your family to your next dream beach holiday.
Special note: Pool is open from May 1 - November 1 and is not heated.
Ask about a military discount!
All visitors renting this home will receive full access to all of Wild Dunes Resort's abundant activities and niceties, including:
-Preferred pricing on bicycle units, beach chair units and special events.
- Exclusive access to the Grandiose Pavilion oceanfront pools, boardwalk, cafe and facilities
- Free access to Island Adventures, Wild Dunes Resort's family recreation program (some activities are complimentary; Fees are charged for many activities, eco-tours, events and camps, etc)
- One hour of complimentary tennis court time per bedroom per day based on availability starting at noon
- Free access to the exercise center, swim center pool, and resort Business Center
- Priority on golf tee times and preferred costs on the Links Course and Harbor Course
- Free transportation within the Resort
Credit authorization mandatory at check in for $90 per day due to ability to charge anything on the resort back to your room. This authorization will be reversed at check out for any funds not used during your stay. Most banks take 5-7 work days to actually credit your card back the funds if using a debit card.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and vacation properties supply Charleston area area promotional travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to alter your trip dates? The off-peak seasons can offer great rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies provide financial savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve particular visitors, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer their customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to select a vacation home that fits their desires and spending plan.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Before you start to book "Dreamy Vacation Home with Private Pool ", go through our short checklist of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned destinations, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Decide on a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the hardest part of organizing your trip is choosing where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be simplier and easier.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure that "Dreamy Vacation Home with Private Pool " works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single member of your company will need to be given the task of collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is your group trying to find? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do some members of your party have special needs? Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure to include your pets. Pets are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company might know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your best opportunity for a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any needed fixes.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental home to confirm you've packed all valuables.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most rental property websites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
How did they feel about the rental? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to filter your search for the next vacation.