- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIn the NO WAKE ZONE on the InterCoastal Waterway! Out front is our boat dock. AND, out back is Grey Bay, where you can wade in the high tide, splash, fish, or float! When the timely tide recedes, walk, run, and play on the private beach behind Goat Island. The tide changes every six hours+/- !!! The Smoak House includes SUNRISES out front! - SUNSETS out back! Charming southern porches overlook a wide big and playful front yard on the Intercoastal Waterway. The back yard is wide and playful, too. A brief path leads to Grey Bay where the beaches do what beaches do--- for us to savor!
You will NEED a BOAT to get here! Dock your boat right out front of your holiday home! ...OR, shuttle service is available by the Owner/ Caretaker, Wilson. A round trip daily is COMPLIMENTARY to our Guest at the Smoak House on Goat Island. You will need arrange parking at the Isle of Palms Marina upon your arrival.
Play in the tide! Fish here, there & everywhere! Observe Nature! Sunbath on the dock, on the beach, on the Upper Deck or wherever! Walk trails (this precious little island is only 2 1/2 miles long. You can't get lost)! Do crafts. Meditate. Dream. Heal your soul. Adore, Laugh, Dance all day and all nighttime (but, not too loudly, please......)
The Smoak House is completely supplied for your holiday getaway. Outdoor Grille- Outdoor fryer-Outdoor tables are available for your use. Covered area. too!
4 bedrooms+ the Studio with beds / 2 1/2 baths / 2,200 SQFT . Wide roomy Southern front porch with a porch swing and numerous rockers!- the Upper Room Cupola is supplied with a TV and has a daybed and, also includes a outdoor space with lounge chairs for sunbathing by day and STARGAZING by nighttime!- A Studio Hall, on the second level, has another Trundle Daybed and hobby/craft table for those fallen Palmetto palm fronds you will find!-- A mini office is on the main level. The powder room is on the main level. There is a game table in the Great Room... and, 55+" TV. The dining table sits 10. There's plenty of setting in the Great Room with 2 couches, a calming reading chair with ottoman, 2 adore seats, a long bench , 2 double benches and more.
The Kitchen is wide open and entirely supplied with microwave, toaster oven, a peaceful Bosch dishwasher and a sizable side-by-side refrigerator. There is a sizable pantry! For your use, there is a blender, crock pot, enormous steamer pot, even a huge dish for those Low Country Shrimp Boils we call Frogmore Stew! If you need instructions, we will show you!
Our precious tiny island is 2 1/2 miles long and about 200 to 1000+ feet from the Intercoastal Waterway to Grey Bay. The bay side is in a Nature Conservatory, with indigenous plants of majestic Live Oaks draped with Spanish Moss, ageless Palmetto Palms, Berried Yaupon, Wax Myrtle, Mulberry, wild grape, some cattails, plants that I've never seen.....and so much more!
Come with your camera!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area discount books that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the store itself. Look for these magazines and discount books, as this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same great activities with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Want to avoid the packed areas and reduce costs? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Several rental companies offer price cuts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is soundside homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area atteaction that you just love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. With such a big selection, guests are sure to discover a rental that fits their desires and spending budget.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We've developed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Intercoastal*BayBeach Home on Private Goat Island at Charleston SC*SMOAK HOUSE" is the best vacation property for your next getaway? Read through this check list to confirm it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Decide on a Community and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you would like to explore, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your party. Generally rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
Many rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your chosen stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure each party understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Generally speaking, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your family trying to find? Do you want a vacation property with outdoor kitchen? Will the property need to be beach front, in town, or near wildlife? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the crew travelling with a pet dog? Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Study your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your easiest chance for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read the Total Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Get Contact Info
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you find property damage, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Locals will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental property to ensure that you've packed all belongings.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything was wonderful and you're excited to reserve the property for next year. If the property was not perfect, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Boone Hall Plantation - 4.5 miles