- 10 Bedrooms
- 11.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detectors
- Spa Whirlpool
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
About this Property** Available to rent year round. During the summer we rent Saturday to Saturday. Off-season we require a 3 nighttime minimum. **
Telephone Exclusive Properties or e-mail about our current discounts!
As part of our Bliss Collection, 'Belle Mer' provides you with the opulence you expect and deserve in a bespoke, island home overlooking the pristine Atlantic Sea. Belle Mer offers the absolute choice in beach front living with its ten bedrooms, ten and half bathrooms, and carefully constructed indoor and outdoor spaces.
This elegant home includes many bliss includes such as the elevated infinity edge pool, and heatable hot tub overlooking the Atlantic Sea, landscaped backyard, Brazilian cherry wood floors, five decks and outdoor living areas, elevator, and wine cellar.
- 10 bedrooms, 10.5 bathrooms
- Sea front
- Private pool and Hot Tub (heatable - inquire for price)
- Elevator (inquire if needed for disability purposes, does not go to 3rd floor master)
- Updated kitchen
- Private boardwalk and gazebo
- Outdoor kitchen
- Private boardwalk and gazebo
- Full list of luxuries available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – Jacuzzi tub, walk in shower, double sinks, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 2: King bed, en suite full bath – double sinks, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 3: King bed, en suite bath – shower, TV
- Bedroom 4: (2) Single over Single bunk beds, en suite bath – walk in shower, TV
- Bedroom 5: King bed, en suite bathroom – garden tub, shower and double sinks, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 6: Queen bed, en suite full bath, TV
- Bedroom 7: Single over Single and Double over Double bunkbeds, en suite bathroom – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 8: King bed, en suite full bathroom , TV, porch access
- Bedroom 9: Media room with pullout couch, porch access, full bath
- King bed, en suite full bath – Jacuzzi tub, shower, TV, porch access
--What Exclusive Properties Offers
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a completely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the most superb that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. This is 6.95% of your rental price plus tax. Email us for an exact amount. You can add this after reserving online. We recommend getting travel insurance through us and not through Homeaway (CSA). You also do no need to buy Accidental Damage protection through Homeaway as it is already included in our price.
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be entirely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages.
Animals are allowed with pre- approval. We limit it to one generous dog or two modest, but may make an exception. There is a pet fee of $282.50 PER PET. Vacation Rental By Owner only accepts one pet fee to be added, so please let us know how many family dogs and cats you have in the notes when you reserve and we will make sure to add it to the contract before you sign.
- Many rental owners and rental properties supply Charleston area area promotional books that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Look for these magazines and promotional books, since this allows travelers to enjoy the same wonderful attractions at a quite often substantial discounted.
- Desire to stay away from crowds of people and save some money? Off-peak times offer sizeable bargains.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat visitors of the same property. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most closely suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
Many people are surprised to discover the number of vacation rentals are located in Charleston area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Where to find and reserve the best rental home:
Before you start to book "'Belle Mer'~ OCEAN FRONT, PRIVATE POOL, HOT TUB, ELEVATOR, BOARDWALK!", go through our short checklist of factors to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area rental properties start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can be tough among close relatives, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your desired trip. It might be at the high end of the range. If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, ensure everybody understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most of the time, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you want a rental with open-air kitchen? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Does the property have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your group have special needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental. Read your agreement very carefully! Service fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Many times, neighboring homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to offer comments. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
How did they like the vacation rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.