- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOpen and Inviting Wild Dunes Beach House
Relish the world-class niceties of Wild Dunes Resort from this centrally located, four bedroom, Wild Dunes home. The home sits across from the resort’s main swim, tennis, playground area, and Tom Fazio - Harbor Golf Course and is a simple walk to the beach and Generous Pavilion and Boardwalk area.
Arriving at the Charleston style home, you will enter through stairs leading up to an open air porch and then into the main home. The porch is a gathering place with a seating area, and an eating area for 6 with ceiling fans to keep you cool. Windows give tons of natural light and gentle winds, accentuating the airiness of the thoroughly-supplied kitchen, dining, and living areas. All of these rooms open onto the breezy porch that overlooks a natural lagoon across the road – you never know what wildlife you will see perched on its banks! French doors open into the main living area, This is sizable and enormous - ideal for peaceful around the TV after a day in the sun - or better yet, just spending quality time with friends and family at the end of the day. A bedroom with a queen bed with a pillow-top bed and full bath is off of living area of the second/main floor of this fabulous beach home. A completely supplied laundry room is off of the kitchen. Gas stove, dishwasher and Sub-Zero frig, bar seating and table for 4 complete the kitchen.
Taking the stairs to the second floor, this home has a outstanding master suite with a king bed, cathedral ceiling, private bath with a sizable opulent soaking tub and private shower. The third and fourth bedrooms complete the upstairs...Each bedroom has a comfortable queen bed and full private bath. Each bedroom has its own TV)
Each bedroom on the second floor opens onto the screened porch that runs the length of the home. This is the ideal gathering place for coffee in the morning, good times in the evenings, or a great place to read and play on a rainy day. Rocking chairs, outdoor couch, a hammock and a joggling board are there to keep everybody pleased! This is a favorite of everybody that comes to the home.
Wi-Fi for those that need to stay connected, TV with cable in the 3 upstairs bedrooms, DVD player and movies in the main living area, outfitted bookcases, 2 pack and plays, bicycles of all sizes, beach wagon, beach chairs and body boards are available for your use. Outdoor gas grille and huge fire-pit for cooler evenings,
Staying within the gated community of Wild Dunes, affords great enjoyment and security for families of all ages. The Wild Dunes Sports Card is available with rental. There is something for everybody to do - whether staying at home reading, spending time on the beach, in the pool, playing tennis or golf, cycling, kayaking, sightseeing in Charleston or rocking away on the porch. Make yourself at home in our home in the South Carolina LowCountry.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply printed guides with deals for rental properties, restaurants and attractions. Search for these books and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the same wonderful attractions at a considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? The off-peak seasons can offer fantastic rates on rental accommodations.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat vacationers of the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed due to personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping guests with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
We have constructed a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you believe " Low Country Beach Home with Wild Dunes Sports Card" is the best rental property for your next vacation? Read through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the determine travel dates.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Many vacation homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your preferred week. It might be at the high end of the range. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that everybody knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. One member of your group needs to be in charge of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What home features is your family searching for? Do you want a rental with outside dining area? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Adequate access could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the group visiting with a family pet? Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Read your agreement very carefully! Fees may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
After the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of similar homes that better fit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the entire agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage immediately after you arrive. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, neighboring households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most property management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer comments. If the property and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a good time? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. Maybe the rental property was not perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next time.