- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Smoking Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property***This authentic lowcountry unit is only accessible by boat.*** We do not give a boat and there is no ferry. You must bring your own boat or rent one from the Isle of Palms Marina. We do have local captain that you can contact for private ferry information.
Goat Island is really a place to get away from the worries of the world. A speedy 10 min boat ride from the Isle of Palms Marina transports you to a slower pace where you can relax and get away from everything. If you want to visit downtown Charleston, it’s a 20 min. boat ride. If you want to discover peaceful beaches with your family or friends take a 10 min boat ride north to Dewees, Capers, or Bull Island. Here you will be close to it all, but exclusively far away. Please note that we are NOT in a No Wake Zone of the intracoastal. We have 1-2ft at low tide but note that we have 2 drive on docks for modest skiffs. Be prepared by reviewing tide charts.
This traditional Goat Island home has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It has 1 king, 1 queen, and 2 fulls. Queen and twin air beds are available as well. We have our own Reverse Osmosis system so no need to lug water over.
Thanks for checking out our home and we hope to see you soon!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation houses supply Charleston area area printed travel magazines that feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the management company and the local itself. Search for these guides and discount books, because this allows vacationers to experience the very same wonderful activities at a often substantial discounted.
- Just want to steer clear of the crowds? The off-peak seasons may offer phenomenal rates on daily rentals.
- Several rental companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same property. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to music venues. If there's a specific Charleston area activity which you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Rental Advice
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to locate a property which matches their desires and budget.
Virtually all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to assist with marketing and advertising, house cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many novices will be happy to realize that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you book "Island Cottage only accessible by boat! Relax at the Fin & Tonic on Goat Island", examine our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked early. To guarantee the most desirable choice of rental homes, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area getaway 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Consensus can often be challenging between loved ones, but the moment this complicated part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Consider that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will the chosen rental property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Generally speaking, one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bed linens included with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandparents will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most property postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the crew travelling with a pup? Even though many vacation rentals permit animal friends, rules and fees vary per rental. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Start your Search
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies usually have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the home has everything required. If something is missing, the property management company might know of similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required repairs.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, nearby residences are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations.
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the rental home to make sure you've collected all personal belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to offer comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Did they love their stay? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If not, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- Boone Hall Plantation - 4.4 miles