- 5 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Iron & Board
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
About this Property** Booking year round. During the summer we rent Saturday to Saturday. Off-season we require a 3 nighttime minimum **
'Dolphin View' - 202 Palm Blvd, is attractively located on the Isle of Palms, near Sullivan's Island and Breach Inlet. This home includes many bliss upgrades such as natural heart pinewood floor, constructed-in bunk beds, blissful kitchen, private pool, hot tub (heated for a fee) and rooftop terrace with spectacular vistas of Hamlin Creek, the Intracoastal waterway.
This home provides the ideal space for entertaining and spending time with family or friends. Located in the private, fenced in back yard, visitors can appreciate the use of their private, in-ground pool and hot tub (heated for a fee). The pool and backyard area creates the ideal place to relax or grille out. When visitors are finished swimming in the pool, they can savor sand and sea with just a brief walk down to the sea.
- 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms
- Multiple decks
- Elevator (please inquire if mandatory for accessibility)
- Water vistas
- Private Pool and hot tub (heatable - inquire for price)
- Outdoor shower
- Full list of luxuries available below
Bedroom 1: (2) Single over Single bunk beds, en suite full bath, TV, porch access
Bedroom 2: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV, porch access
Bedroom 3: King bed, en suite full bath – double sinks, stand up shower, garden tub, TV, porch access
Bedroom 4: (2) Twin beds, en suite full bath, TV
Bedroom 5: Queen bed, en suite bath, TV
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a thoroughly staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the most exemplary that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is 6.95% of your rental price. Please e-mail for exact price. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 9.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $500 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be entirely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
Animals are allowed with pre- approval. We limit it to one sizable dog or two modest, but may make an exception. There is a pet fee of $282.50 per pet. Vacation Rental By Owner only accepts one pet fee to be added, so please let us know how many dogs and cats you have in the notes when you reserve and we will make sure to add it to the contract before you sign.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 9.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are renting 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to buy this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the unit has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the unit is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the unit rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the unit isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property owners and rental homes supply Charleston area area printed travel books that feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to enjoy the same great activities with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal opportunities.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacationers to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of travellers. Event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their guests the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental property Advice
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to find a rental that fits their desires and budget.
The majority of vacation homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most newcomers will be delighted to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Dolphin View on Isle of Palms ~ PRIVATE POOL, ROOF TOP DECK, ELEVATOR, SPA" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming getaway? Read this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Charleston area rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Does the preferred vacation property fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Generally, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you just want a property with a pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the property have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Often times the older generation has trouble with staircases. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a furry companion? Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your contract carefully! Fees may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
After the location, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything required. If something is missing, the home management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager without delay.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Nearly all rental property sites seek comments after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but honest regarding your stay. The best owners and managers will work hard to correct the issue.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic rental home. If not, you've acquired useful experience to help with the next search.