- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyKing Beds: 1 | Queen Beds: 2 | Twin Beds: 3 | Other Bed: 1 | Sq. Ft. 2,908
Adore the award-winning Isle of Palms white sand beach and Atlantic Sea at your doorstep! This utopia is an open and airy 4 bedroom oceanfront home with marvelous vistas of the beach and water from just about any room in the home.
Two full, 1st and 2nd story, oceanfront porches create unobstructed vistas that can’t be beat! A pool with spa and full summer kitchen with 30" gas grille, mini refrigerator, sink and ice maker is a ridiculous addition to this already enchanting home!
Unwind to the sound of waves and seagulls or adore an alfresco meal in style. The two story living room is open and radiant and offers plenty of appealing seating in front of the 52” flat panel TV/DVD/audio system with surround sound and Blu- ray. If watching a crackling fire is more your speed, there is the comfort of a gas fireplace.
The kitchen is centrally located and offers a enormous, center prep island with 4 stools. The dining room, with its unbeatable sea view, will seat 10. The Master Bedroom includes a King bed, Sea view, 38” flat panel TV/DVD and private access to the 1st floor porch. The generous Master Bath is supplied with a Jacuzzi tub, tremendous, walk-in tiled shower and double vanity. A guest bedroom with 2 Twin beds is ideal for the children or young adults and has a 32” flat panel TV/DVD. It shares a full hall bath with tub /shower. The laundry is located in the hallway and comes with full size appliances.
The second floor offers 2 bedrooms both with sea vistas and private access to the 2nd floor porch. One has a Queen bed and Twin Daybed with 32” flat panel TV/DVD and the other has a Queen bed and a Twin Daybed w/Trundle with 32” flat panel TV. Each has their own private bath with a tub/shower.
You are readily just steps away from “front beach”, where the island eateries and stores are located. This is an just right home for modest families looking to savor a inviting holiday at one of the area’s premier beaches.
Electric Pool Heating Only Additional Fee: $550.00 plus taxes and costs
Gas Spa Heat only Additional Fee: $450.00 plus taxes and costs
Pool and Spa Heat Additional Fee: $850.00 plus taxes and costs
*This is an integrated spa. The spa runs on an on demand timer system. When you decided to use the spa you turn it on 30-60 min. prior to use then it shuts off after 2-3 hours. It does not remain hot 24/7.
About Isle of Palms:
With its warm weather year-round, delightful beaches, and amicable locals, Isle of Palms has earned its reputation as a premier family holiday destination. The city is close to Charleston, offering travelers a chance to combine historic sites with a peaceful oceanside hideaway.
When making online reservation on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway, the rental guarantor will be mandatory to complete all necessary fields per Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway requirements credit card information must be entered is to hold unit. Vacation Rental By Owner will notify the management company of your online reservation. Management Company will contact the rental guarantor to complete the reservation process. On-line payments and or deposits are not processed until the management company has confirmed reservation with rental guarantor.
Once the management company has confirmed your reservation, deposit of 35% is mandatory. Payment preference: check or electronic check. Additional payment options: Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Balance amount will be due 60 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 60 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
Management Company offers travel insurance to all of their visitors through Rental Guardian. Rental Guardian specialty is Holiday Rental Industry. Travel Insurance covers you in the occurrence of a possible natural disaster threat to our area, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is about 7% of your rental price plus taxes and costs. Please e-mail for exact price. It is highly recommended to buy travel insurance through Management Company. Once reservation is made the Management Company can add Rental Guardian policy to your reservation. .
If, Travel Insurance is bought through Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway (CSA-Homeaway policy) their policy does not cover any delays or interruption of a stay, especially if a natural disaster occurs, such as Hurricane. Management Company will not be able to refund any monies or move your reservation.
- Many property owners and vacation homes supply Charleston area area discount catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and discount books, since this allows travelers to take advantage of those great activities at a possibly substantial discounted.
- Desire to avoid the crowds of people and get a better price? Shoulder seasons provide terrific deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for discount rates. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a certain experience that you are most looking forward to during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Tips & Tricks
Many people are surprised to learn how many vacation homes are offered in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to locate a property that meets their desires and budget.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Owners frequently select management companies to facilitate web advertising, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the best vacation rental:
Do you think "OCEANFRONT | OCEAN PARADISE | POOL | SPA | SUMMER KITCHEN" is the perfect rental home for your next family vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. A lot of groups decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Start by determining which specific area of Charleston area you'd like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
How Many Beds?
How many family members are joining your getaway? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure that "OCEANFRONT | OCEAN PARADISE | POOL | SPA | SUMMER KITCHEN" suits your budget *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking an expensive vacation property. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Are you looking for a rental with open-air lounge? Does the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or in close proximity to night life? Are sheets included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Do certain people in your group have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other members of the gang travelling with a pup? Although a number of rental homes permit household pets, rules and fees vary per rental. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added.
Where to Search
Once the area, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Aside from offering exceptional rental properties, local companies offer you outstanding service..
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of similar homes that suit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
When you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. How did they like the property? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with the next search.