- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property***Goat Island Getaway is only accessible by boat***
The open floor plan of this attractively furbished home includes a huge, completely supplied kitchen connecting two living areas. 8 people (and additional children) can sleep agreeably with 3 bedrooms on the first floor sharing a dual-vanity bath and the vaulted-ceiling master bedroom upstairs with a private bath. The home is supplied with WiFi, an indoor/outdoor audio system system with an iPhone/iPod connector, and 2 flatscreen TVs with local channels and wifi streaming (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.).
The unit includes a splendid tropical yard with tons of palm trees, a screened gazebo, and hammocks for appealing. Relish the outdoors and a little competition while playing bocce, horse shoes or giant jenga. While the kitchen has all of the appliances and cookware you need to prepare a opulent dinner, the screened gazebo overlooking the water also includes a brand new gas grille for outdoor preparing.
Wonderful beaches, tidal creeks and even offshore fishing are only a brief boat ride from Goat Island Getaway. If the fish aren't biting, catch your dinner by dropping a crab trap or two off of the dock. Or grab a rent from the home library and catch the wind while peaceful in a hammock on the shaded dock. The dock is also the ideal launching point for kayaking or paddle boarding and children adore catching fiddler crabs in the marsh. Nights are filled star-gazing from the dock, roasting marshmallows around the fire pit or appreciating the sounds and scenery of the water from the comfortable screened porch.
Goat Island Getaway is accessible only by boat. Come with your own to our private dock or arrange a rental through Toler's Cove Marina. Shuttle service to and from the island is also available for a fee.
Other Notable Includes:
-Parking and boat storage available at Toler's Cove Marina or Isle of Palms Marina
-Crab traps on site
-2 Kayaks on site (singles)
-Giant Jenga, Bocce and Horse Shoes
-Sheets and towels supplied
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area vacation discount books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the local itself. Search for these publications and discount books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same attractions at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Just want to stay away from crowds and save money? Shoulder seasons special offer incredible promotions.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some rental companies offer price cuts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation homes are available in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, and any routine service problems that may occur.
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Do you believe "Goat Island Getaway - Private Dock On The ICW! ***Accessible by Boat Only***" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming trip? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest choice of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Select your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough between close relatives, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Budget
Make certain "Goat Island Getaway - Private Dock On The ICW! ***Accessible by Boat Only***" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a pricey rental home. Typically, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group searching for? Do you just want a property with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Proper access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental property. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Read through the whole contract and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, travelers must pay state taxes when booking "Goat Island Getaway - Private Dock On The ICW! ***Accessible by Boat Only***", as well as any other fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often times, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a visit significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of advice.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental property to assure you've collected all possessions.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all property management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine about your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. If not, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.