- 5 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyCharming Southern Beach Home with luxuries for all age groups. Our family hopes you will find the home to meet all of your needs and we hope you have a outstanding stay on Isle of Palms, in Charleston, SC!
1st Floor: One bedroom with King bed. 2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds. These two rooms share a connected bathroom which is between the two rooms.
2nd Floor has a total of 3 bedrooms. The first is the Master bedroom has a King bed, porch access, and a huge bathroom with shower and separate hottub bath tub. The next bedroom has 2 double beds with a private bathroom. The last bedroom on this level has a Queen bed and private bathroom.
All bedrooms have windows and plenty of natural light, ceiling fans, appealing beds, and at least 300 thread count linens.
The main and second floor both feature sizable front porches spanning the width of the home. The main floor porch has an outdoor couch, multiple sizable cushioned chairs, rocking chairs and tables. The second floor outdoor space is partially screened with a hammock, rocking chairs, and vistas of the marsh and inter-coastal. There is also rooftop widows with great vistas of the inter-coastal.
Both floors are designed around sizable, open living areas. Excluding guestrooms the entire main floor is a very generous kitchen and living room. The kitchen has new appliances, granite counter tops, a sizable dining table, and an island with seating. The second floor includes another huge living room with wide leather couches (1 sleeper/couch.) Both living areas have plenty of windows, porch access, flat screen t.v.'s, seating and fireplaces.
Because our home is not on the beach we give a golf cart to make the brief trip to the water (2 mins.) as convenient as possible. We also have 2 kayaks, and miscellaneous beach chairs, games, umbrellas, etc. There is a gas grille near pool. Propane tanks are available at the Wild Dunes Marina one block away.
This home is restfully furbished and gorgeously designed to entertain generous groups of friends and family in an simple setting with plenty of privacy without sacrificing proximity to the beach, marina, and eateries and bars of front beach. Check out our google map for info on the home location and other important spots in the area.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area promotional travel books that feature coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-peak times offer up sizable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Charleston area activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide range of short-term rental properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, guests are sure to discover a vacation home that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
How to find and reserve the right rental property:
Do you think " Charming Southern House w/ Views, Pool, & Golf Car" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the toughest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be easier.
Select a Size
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Remember that that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Confirm that " Charming Southern House w/ Views, Pool, & Golf Car" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving an expensive rental property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Even though a number of vacation homes allow household pets, rules and fees vary per rental. Many restrictions could eliminate a potential rental property. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start your Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Besides offering exclusive properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your best chance for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard charge, visitors will have to pay state taxes when renting " Charming Southern House w/ Views, Pool, & Golf Car", along with any other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Rental home management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. We also advise immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical repairs.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Residents often live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Virtually all rental management company web sites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their vacation? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. Maybe the rental home was not ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Boone Hall Plantation - 4.7 miles