- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Computer Monitor
- Deadbolt Lock
- Desk Chair
- Dining Room
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kitchen Island
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wifi Speed
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyAppreciate Sea peek vistas, Lagoon and Inlet vistas, tons of natural light and vistas from an abundance of windows & doors in this very open floor plan with 10' ceilings on all floors. In addition, a enormous screened porch, 4 balconies (1 screened) , private backyard lined w/ oak & palm trees, pretty refreshed décor, complimentary Wireless Internet access, unlimited NA long distance calls with VOIP, and ultimate privacy in one of the most exclusive gated beach-front community in Wild Dunes are the highlights of this impeccable beach home.
We finished a bespoke kitchen upgrade in December 2019 to an "Open Concept" with quartz counter-tops, sizable island, all stainless steel appliances, under-mount stainless sink, under-counter microwave drawer, and a new under-counter ice maker & libation center. We added many more windows for more natural light and 180 degree spectacular vistas . Finally, a new peaceful kitchen coffee nook overlooking the front cul-de-sac completes the overall look and feel of a beach dream kitchen.
We follow Wild Dunes' Hurricane Policy policy which is as follows:
Hurricane watch - customer can change holiday schedule
Hurricane warning - full refund
This 'Second Row' Wild Dunes home, 28 Sea Point, is a superb, bespoke, 2400 square foot home with charming peek vistas of the Sea from the second story balcony in front of the home and splendid vistas of the Lagoon, Inlet, and Wild Dunes Island in the back of the home. This home is located across from the beach (200 yards) and the pool (100 yards) in Sea Point, one of the most exclusive gated shorefront neighborhood in Wild Dunes.
28 Sea Point is a bespoke 3 story sea facing home with a very open floor plan and 10' ceilings on all floors. An abundance of generous windows/and or french doors give spectacular vistas from every room in the home.
This home can accommodate 8 people restfully + 2 modest children with 3 bedrooms, 1 couch in the semi-private den which opens into a queen bed and has access to a 1/2 bathroom, and a couch in the very enormous master suite which opens into a full bed that accommodates up to 2 modest children.
Free Wireless Internet and 1 desk in the Master Bedroom, makes it smooth to stay connected while away from home.
We give arrival housekeeping with Linens and towel and complimentary beach towels, carts, umbrellas, beach chairs, and toys. We replenish and update this inventory once every year. We do not control the usage by our visitors and cannot guarantee what is available upon your arrival.
In addition all our visitors have complimentary access to the completely modernized Sea Point private pool, hot tub, and cabana, only 100 yards from the home. The new hot tub overlooks the 18th hole of the Links Golf Course and the Atlantic Sea. Beach access is 200 yards from the home and the pool. For your comfort we give an arrival supply ( a couple of days supply) of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toilet paper, garbage bags, paper towels, dish-washing soap a& washing detergent
When you stay here, you can appreciate handsome peek vistas of the sea from the second story balcony which provides outdoor access from master bedroom and second front facing guest bedroom. Vistas of the lagoon, Inlet, and the Wild Dunes Resort Island can be savored from the a private back outdoor space in the master suite and a screened outdoor space from the second back bedroom. On the first floor, adjacent to the dining room and living room, a very sizable furbished tiled screened porch overlooks a very private backyard with sizable oak trees for shading, palm trees, and fashonable vistas of the lagoon.
We bought this home in April of 2004. It was previously occupied by the owner, never been rented before, and in pristine condition. We continue to keep our home in this pristine condition by continually updating the home and the decor. New furnishings throughout the entire home, a sophisticated modern look, harmonized with a coordinated color scheme of warm tones of blues, muted olive, terra-cotta, and cream, give this home a current chic but at the same time casual beach feel and glamour.
A entirely-supplied kitchen with a coffee nook has been completely updated in 2019 to an Open Concept with stainless steel appliances and quartz counter-tops. A separate formal dining room, a living room with a wide screen TV (51inch HDTV) with DVD and VCR, audio system, and stone fireplace , a separate and private den/office with access to half bath, a TV/VCR or TV/DVD in all bedrooms, a stone master bath with Jacuzzi tub, huge glass shower with vistas of the sea, huge laundry room, gas grille, two-car garage with tons of additional space for bicycles, golf and/or tennis equipment, makes this a great and calming home for an extended or brief stay at the beach.
On the first floor, a very open floor plan, palladium windows overlooking sizable oak trees in back yard, French doors leading to a decorated screened porch and outdoor space, wood floors throughout provides an ideal backdrop for an extravagant but casual and warm modern setting. A generous formal dining room, living room with fireplace, 60" flat -screen TV (with VCR and Netflix ) audio system, den/office, half bath, a enormous tiled kitchen with separate island and breakfast area in bay window, furbished screened porch, and a gas grille give all the amenities of a home away from home.
On the second floor, a giant master suite greets you with tons of light from two huge windows and a French sliding door leading to a private outdoor space - one can touch the tall wild oak tree while taking in vistas of the lagoon and the inlet. A king bed with opulence bed and high-end comforter, Flat Screen TV and VCR in sizable over sized armoire, wood floors, bespoke rug, one sizable walk-in closet, a bespoke writing desk, and a couch with a foldout "full" bed , complete this superb setting. The En suite stone master bathroom has two vanities, bespoke mirrors, high-end faucets and fixtures, a Jacuzzi tub, and a huge glass shower with sea peaks and tons of natural light from a very generous Radius window and French door which provides access to the second story front balcony. Here you can savor morning sunrises, sea peek vistas, and phenomenal sea winds.
The handsome second bedroom with a new king bed and upgraded bed, high- end comforter set and matching curtains, an upgraded bespoke closet, flat screen TV and access to a private screened outdoor space overlooking the lagoon and vistas of the entire back island makes this a ideal second master. This bedroom shares a full updated charming Jack and Jill stone bathroom with double vanities, toilet, and a generous tub/shower with the third bedroom. The third bedroom faces the front of the home. This room’s coordinated décor includes a bedroom set with a distressed whitewashed finish, two twin XL beds with upgraded beds, muted blue quilts sets with tons of accent pillows and a TV w/VCR. Upon request the twin XL beds can be converted to a king bed ready for your arrival. The sea peek vistas from the radius French doors leading to the front balcony complete the overall magic.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with special deals for lodging, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and discount books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the same fantastic activities with a considerable discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from crowds and get a better price? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get special discounts. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. You'll receive the most value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual property owners frequently offer customers the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed due to medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Information
You might be surprised to uncover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Charleston area family, from low-noise condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many novices will be delighted to know that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
Where to find and book the right rental home:
Do you believe "Beautiful Custom Updated Home - Ocean Peaks & Lagoon Views - Gated Community " is the perfect vacation property for your next family vacation? Browse through this guide to confirm it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Choose your Town and Vacation Week
Start by picking which specific area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the determine travel dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Try to remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Does the preferred rental property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each person knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Optimal access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the gang visiting with a pet? While many vacation rentals permit pets, rules and charges vary per rental. A number of constraints might eliminate a prospective rental home. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local companies often have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective during the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Read the Entire Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Home
When you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations. This will protect against disputes during check out.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a housekeeping fee, The property is required to be in very good condition. Sinks stuffed with pots and pans, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental home management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but completely honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything was exceptional and you're excited to re-book the rental home for your next vacation. If the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to perfect your search for the next time.