- 5 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Ping Pong Table
- Private Pool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyHello! THANK YOU for taking a look at our site -- you have made the PERFECT "STOP" -- I guarantee that it is one of the nicest units you will find, 5-Star all the way! It is only listed on HomeAway, Vacation Rental By Owner or one of its subsidiaries.
Before you get started, I hope you will take a moment to look at our Guest Reviews! These candid comments from our visitors will give you a good idea of what you will appreciate during your visit.
**** Also, just to let you know I do rent all over the holidays.... THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS. Dates are flexible during those times, so just let me know what days your family would need beyond the usual week stay. We put up delightful trees and tasteful decorations, so the home looks 'magical' for Christmas!! [Or we can decorate for Hanukkah]
WELCOME to 'Sea's Song'.... 'The Sea's Song is the music of our souls!'
This is NOT your granny's beach home!! Sea's Song is a elegant 3,800 sq.ft. home, adorned to reflect the Island/Coastal chic, and yet very calming with the 'feel' of a inviting old Isle of Palms beach home, yet it was constructed in 2007. High end finishes, granite counters, stainless appliances, wood floors all through, laundry room with high end washer and dryer, plus the 'Powder Room' is a full bath as well!!
AND, EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE on suite BATH!! This home is designed for the whole family -- children of all ages welcome!!! (We also welcome the four-legged family members as well.)
This home is designed and located for pool and beach fun! It is charmingly furbished and has every appreciation for your stay and yet you will feel comfortable and can 'kick back' and relax!! 'Sea's Song' is the home you will fall in adore with -- where you will want to return year after year!
A few things you will adore:
* The entire backyard is a pool [salt water system] area with two levels of decks. Many chairs/chaise lounges and tables make it a great area for entertaining, playing in the pool and sunbathing! The six burner grille will test Dad's culinary skills.
* The generous elevator helps avoid carrying your things up steps, plus it is roomy enough for a wheelchair.
* One block from the beach, it is only a 3 min walk! We have supplied beach toys, Boogie boards, Tommy Bahama beach chairs, Beach Buggy, and Beach Wagon. Being one block off Palm Blvd. gets you away from the heavy traffic and all of the 'off road' beach parking for the public. You have private parking and no one will be parking in the front yard except you!
* The Isle of Palms Rec Center is just one block away, with tennis courts, gym, exercise center, b-ball court, baseball field and tons of play area for your athletes and the youngsters. And there is also a "Dog Park" for your "other" family members!!
* This home has all the high-end includes and appliances you would want -- stainless appliances, french door refrigerator w/ ice and water in door, separate drink center, oven and warming oven, microwave, gas prepare top, Keurig coffee maker and regular coffee maker, plus electric water pot for tea. The kitchen includes granite counter tops, two separate sinks, an island and a enormous outer counter. The kitchen is TOTALLY supplied with EVERYTHING YOU NEED! We also have a separate laundry room with a new heavy duty washer and dryer, plus laundry sink.
* You will like the opulence of the Biltmore Estate sheets and towels, as well as Pine Cone Hill bed skirts. Luggage racks, hair dryers and hand/full length mirrors are included. Each bedroom is appealingly appointed [with copious sleeping pillows!] and ready for you to relax at the end of a fun-filled day!
* Sea's Song has an inverted floor plan. GROUND LEVEL is the garage area where there is a Ping Pong Table, shower and various toys, plus the sliding glass doors out to the pool area. The FIRST level has four bedrooms, each with its own bath. There is also a laundry room on that level. The SECOND level has the MBR with en suite, OPEN kitchen, dining area, great room, additional full bath, and an office with printer for those who are working remotely. Also a screened porch. The THIRD level has no living area, but has furnishings for you to sit and relax while you relish looking out at the view [sea in distance] and sunsets!
* Almost forgot to mention the 'tellies' -- 60' HD TV with sound bar and Blu-Ray player in the Great Room, 51' HD TV and Blu-Ray player in MBR, and 40' TV's in all of the other BR's. Also high speed WI-FI
* There is more, but we hope you get the idea!! Some other includes are listed below and we will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.
We bought, furbished and appointed this home to be our own personal holiday home.... We are delighted to share it and HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO!! We continue to make upgrades!
I look forward to hearing from you.... YOU WILL LOVE "SEA'S SONG" !!
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes provide Charleston area area promotional magazines that feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows visitors to discover the very same great attractions with a considerable discounted.
- Can you switch your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain experience that you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You'll get the best value from a home which most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn the number of properties are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and working experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and tricks to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you believe ""Ocean's Song" * LUXURY 5BR/6BA HOME, Pool, Elevator * 1 block to beach * 5-STAR" is the best rental for your upcoming vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking early. For the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months prior to a trip. Many families prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose your Town and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is simpler.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single member of your company must be responsible for collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental fee? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Special Factors to consider
Frequently the senior generation has challenges with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the party visiting with a domestic pet? Even though quite a few rentals permit dogs and cats, rules and charges fluctuate per property. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read through the Entire Contract
Read through the entire agreement and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Property
When you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. We also recommend promptly calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be useful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the rental home to assure you've gathered all personal belongings.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your remain. When possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many rental sites ask for comments after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something was wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your critique.
Did they love their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great rental. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with your next search.