- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Childs Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyAVALON BY THE SEA is located in an just right area of IOP - peaceful yet close to the action. This 12 year old home has 11 ft. ceilings, cherry floors throughout, and bespoke paneled walls. NEW 55 INCH SMART TV IN THE LIVING ROOM. The pool (HEATED IF YOU LIKE WITH DAILY CHARGE) is adjacent to the roomy living, dining and kitchen area on the second floor. The back yard is partially fenced & very private. The roof top outdoor space has a sizable stairway (not spiral)to relax (tiny sea vistas since they constructed a 7,000 square foot home on the beach) and savor the sunsets with eight chairs -comfortable lounge chairs plus a dining table. Generous wood paneled elevator. New huge shower in the garage for 2021 - shower off downstairs and hop on the elevator to the upper floors.
We are now in our tenth season working hard to give our visitors a turn-key, pampered holiday. We have loaded up with quality linens and fluffy towels.
We are adding a Frontgate folding table to the pool patio that seats 6-8. There will be hanging lounge chairs to be used when the table is in the folding position. We tried to enlarge the decking around the pool but we were turned down rules, rules, rules!
We are fortunate to have a amazing family that cleans our home - folks often comment how tidy Avalon is which delight me no end!!!!
Beach items include a few beach chairs, sturdy beach wagon, beach umbrella, cooler, and beach toys.
For those that adore to prepare - opulent throughout - the choice in cookware, knives, spices, oils and all the gadgets needed to prepare a excellent meal from the plentiful new caught seafood and local produce available on the island. There are 2 ovens, 5 burner professional gas range, tremendous Kitchen Aid refrigerator and pretty granite. Additional refrigerator in the garage and a wine refrigerator in the bar area. Loads of baking dishes, saute pans, humongous pot for corn, crock pot, additional generous waffle iron, hard anondized cookware, kuerig and regular coffee pots.
We have DIRECT TV and of course high speed internet, Sony radio and cd player, 5 flat screen TVs - 55 inch in great room, and 3 dvd players. Streaming from your Netflix account.
Two king bed masters (one king master suite on the first floor with the other 3 bedrooms upstairs) with monumental bathrooms, one with hottub. Childrens bedroom with bunk bed and two single beds. The fourth bedroom with 42 inch flat screen TV/DVD, queen bed and trundle with pop up which becomes two singles. Each bedroom has a full bath - there is a powder room located off the huge entryway. Pack n'play, toddler bed and queen aero bed.
From our home, it's a fast walk to reach Palm Blvd and the direct beach access path to the pristine beaches of IOP (approx 5 mins.). Walk or bicycle for miles in either direction. Ten mins. to Town Center in Mt. Nice with shopping, eateries, movie theater - 20 mins. to marvelous historic Charleston - the children will appreciate the aquarium.
Gas grille is attached to propane supply - no worries about running out of gas!!! LATE APRIL TO LATE AUGUST WE ARE A SATURDAY TO SATURDAY HOME.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Charleston area area discount guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or via a partnership between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Able to change your travel week? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer amazing rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it's soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the number and wide variety of short-term rental properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Do you think " ONE BLOCK OCEAN, NEAR DOWNTOWN, ELEVATOR POOL ROOF DECK, SPACIOUS 3500 SQ FT" is the best rental for your upcoming trip? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Pick a Village and Date
Consensus can be tough between close relatives, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Vacation rental
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure " ONE BLOCK OCEAN, NEAR DOWNTOWN, ELEVATOR POOL ROOF DECK, SPACIOUS 3500 SQ FT" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each person knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. In most cases, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys for use during your stay? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your furry family members. Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations may eliminate a potential rental property. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
As soon as the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Book your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any repairs. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the local community. More often than not, surrounding homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've collected all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental management company web sites request testimonials after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but completely honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything was perfect and you are excited to re-book the property for your next vacation. If the property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next trip.