- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyAVALON BY THE SEA is located in an ideal area of IOP - peaceful yet close to the action. This 12 year old home has 11 ft. ceilings, cherry floors all over, and bespoke paneled walls. NEW 55 INCH SMART TV IN THE LIVING ROOM. The pool (HEATED IF YOU LIKE) is adjacent to the voluminous living, dining and kitchen area on the second floor. The back yard is partially fenced & very private. The roof top outdoor space has a sizable stairway (not spiral)to view the sea and relish the sunsets with eight chairs -calming lounge chairs plus a dining table. Giant wood paneled elevator - shower off downstairs and hop on the elevator to the upper floors.
We are now in our tenth season working hard to give our visitors a turn-key, pampered holiday. We have loaded up with quality linens and fluffy towels.
You will find our home tidy with a high level of guest service.
Beach items include a few beach chairs, sturdy beach wagon, beach umbrella, cooler, and beach toys.
For those that appreciate to prepare - comfortable all through - the most superb in cookware, knives, spices, oils and all the gadgets needed to prepare a fabulous meal from the plentiful new caught seafood and local produce available on the island. There are 2 ovens, 5 burner professional gas range, humongous Kitchen Aid refrigerator and elegant granite. Additional refrigerator in the garage and a wine refrigerator in the bar area. Loads of baking dishes, saute pans, monumental pot for corn, crock pot, additional generous waffle iron, hard anondized cookware, kuerig and regular coffee pots.
We have DIRECT TV and of course high speed internet, Sony radio and cd player, 5 flat screen TVs - 55 inch in great room, and 3 dvd players. Streaming from your Netflix account.
Two king bed masters (one king master suite on the first floor with the other 3 bedrooms upstairs) with massive bathrooms, one with hottub. Childrens bedroom with bunk bed and two single beds. The fourth bedroom with 42 inch flat screen TV/DVD, queen bed and trundle with pop up which becomes two singles. Each bedroom has a full bath - there is a powder room located off the sizable entryway. Pack n'play, toddler bed and queen aero bed.
From our home, it's a fast walk to reach Palm Blvd and the direct beach access path to the pristine beaches of IOP (approx 5 mins.). Walk or bicycle for miles in either direction. Ten mins. to Town Center in Mt. Agreeable with shopping, eateries, movie theater - 20 mins. to marvelous historic Charleston - the children will appreciate the aquarium.
Gas grille is attached to propane supply - no worries about running out of gas!!! LATE APRIL TO LATE AUGUST WE ARE A SATURDAY TO SATURDAY HOME.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with savings for rental properties, dining and attractions. Look for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the very same terrific attractions with a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Are you able to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer up sizeable deals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many management companies offer unique discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve particular visitors, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
General Rental property Advice
You may be surprised to uncover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to discover a vacation home that matches their desires and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you think "ONE BLK OCEAN, ELEVATOR, POOL, ROOF DECK, QUIET ST NEAR DOWNTOWN AREA" is the perfect rental for your next getaway? Browse through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rentals start booking very early. For the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your trip. Many families prefer to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Sometimes, the hardest portion of organizing your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your trip? Consider that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your chosen stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before booking an expensive rental home. Generally, one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Factors to consider
Proper accessibility can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the family travelling with a family pet? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rentals, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included.
Start your Search
Several internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a reduced rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Read The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. We also advise immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any necessary repairs. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please be respectful of the community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If the rental home and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your feedback.
Did they like the property? Hopefully everything ended up being exceptional and you are all set to re-book the rental home for next season. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.