- 1 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00268
Elegantly restored carriage home with 1 bedroom & 1.5 baths with a thoroughly supplied kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, & heart pine wood floors all over the home. The living room has a couch with a 40 inch flat screen Roku TV. Our team provides Netflix and Sling TV logins. The bedroom has lofted ceilings with Spanish cedar trim, 2 good sized closets, and direct access to the exterior porch. The master bathroom has a tiled shower, a vanity with stone countertops, and tiled floors. Additionally, there is a washer/dryer available for use in the bedroom suite.
Off street parking available in front of the home. The carriage home is located in a peaceful location set off the street which is 1.5 blocks from the Medical University of South Carolina and located within blocks of downtown shopping on upper King Street and many ridiculous eateries, pubs, and bars. The home is a 15 min. walk to the College of Charleston and a 10 min. walk to the Citadel. Wifi, streaming services, towels & lines are supplied.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the carriage home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a parking spot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its chummy neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic grace. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most elegant things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and rental homes provide Charleston area area promotional guides that feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Could you adjust your dates? Off-peak times provide substantive markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for promotions. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discount.
- Is there a certain experience that you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? If there's a specific Charleston area atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the number and variety of short term properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to locate a property that suits their wishes and spending plan.
Virtually all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Where to find and book the right vacation home:
Do you believe "Crows Nest (Historic Downtown)- 1 Bed/1.5 Bath - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!" is the best rental for your upcoming visit? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Select a Village and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be more straightforward.
How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Keep in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that popular Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving an expensive rental property. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Optimal access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Pet policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints may eliminate a prospective rental property. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match clients with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read through the Total Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal rate, visitors have to pay state taxes when renting "Crows Nest (Historic Downtown)- 1 Bed/1.5 Bath - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!", as well as any other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, adjacent residences are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your review.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to go back? Hopefully everything was outstanding and you are all set to reserve the same rental for your next vacation. If not, you have acquired valuable experience to help with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles