- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Booking Possible
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- EV Car Charger
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyI am a Charlestonian native that wants to share Charleston's way of life with you!
I just finished working on the home for 5 years using every reclaimed piece of heart pine, tin, and old slate that I could re-use or find. It is very impressive to see. I think you will savor.
Here you can live by peaceful both indoors and outdoors.
Summons the expression of really refined Ante-Bellum experience with all modern luxuries. In the kitchen appreciate the timeless La CornueFe gas oven and cooktop range from Saint-Ouen l'Aumone, France served by a whisper peaceful, made in the USA Vent-a-hood.
Here you can celebrate the glorious culinary traditions of the Old World using only top-of-the-line All-Clad cookware and silverware. Stemless red and white wine glasses were not overlooked. All coffee mugs, and glasses are made of clear insulated glass along with the serving plates, salad plates and bowls so rest assured every item is shining.
Tidy up after a meal using the stainless bridge faucet in the farmhouse porcelain sink. All items are stored using efficient Rev-a-shelf hardware to home the spices, cutlery, flatware and accessories. Of course, the cabinetry ,kitchen island and 8 foot tall barn doors are hand made on-site using only heart pine sourced during the remodel of the home, from the home.
Crystal-clear Samsung high-definition 4k intelligent T.V. with Xfinity cable. Netflix, Amazon video, and Hulu are intuitively available at the touch of the remote and are complimentary.
The bathroom is tiled using the original re-purposed slate from Vermont dating back to when the home was constructed by shipwrights in 1851. The original standing-seam tin front porch roofing was salvaged and is applied to the wall as the backsplash to the hand-made heart pine vanity with hand-hammered nickel-plated vessel sink. The bathroom includes a slate-tiled walk-in shower with Kohler rain-head showers. The water closets were sourced from Kent, England to give a period feel from the Old-World.
In every bedroom , I give you with a sound machine as well as intelligent-charging stations for your electronic devices. Savor the combination of cypress ship-lap wood walls and heart pine throughout. Most, if not all, heart pine material used dates back to roughly the year 1600.
Remember that before the advent of air conditioning, Charlestonians tended to congregate on their porches to socialize and spend time to enjoy a cool sea wind. There are rocking chairs on the porch making it a great place to relax with a rent while watching the happenings on Cannon Street. But you do not have to settle for just one porch.. you have a rear porch and patio to enjoy as well. The patio has a lounge chair couch with an Big Green Egg BBQ grille, all silverware and charcoal included.
I am three blocks from King Street. Cannon Street dead ends into King where you would be right in the middle of all the activity - many delightful eateries such as The Darling, the Grocery, Ordinary and Endaco, good places to have drinks like Stars, the Belmont, Midtown and Prohibition. There are also great niche eateries closer than King Street. Pick the experience - fine dining to casual outdoor dining, it is here. You could look up Chez Nous, Trattoria Lucca and Fuel.
I am available for questions as needed. Glad to assist in any way I can.
If you want the full Charleston experience you need to sign up for a walking tour or carriage tour, a must. If you have sea legs and are aiming for total immersion into history, the steamboat runs to Ft. Sumter multiple times daily so that you can land your two feet exactly where the Civil War started.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many rental owners and rental homes supply Charleston area area travel discount guides that feature offers, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Could you switch your dates? The off-peak seasons frequently offer terrific rates on daily rentals.
- Many property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or returning travelers to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. If there's a specific Charleston area atteaction you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Information
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the number and variety of weekly vacation rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to select a property that fits their desires and budget.
Virtually all rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be delighted to realize that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Where to find and book the perfect rental home:
Before you start to book " Timeless Renovated in Downtown Charleston", examine our short collection of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your vacation. A lot of households plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Start by choosing which particular area of Charleston area you'd like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Budget
Will your chosen rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. One individual in your group needs to be responsible for getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with outside dining area? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Grandparents will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the family traveling with a furry companion? Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions could dismiss a potential rental. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Once the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation rental has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read through the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required repairs.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a bit. Even when you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks filled with pots and pans, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred during your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most rental property websites request feedback after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your comments.
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Did they love their rental? With a little luck everything ended up being outstanding and you're excited to reserve the same rental for next season. If not, you have acquired invaluable experience that will help with your next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles