- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Booking Possible
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyI am a Charlestonian native that wants to share Charleston's way of life with you!
I just finished working on the home for 5 years using every reclaimed piece of heart pine, tin, and old slate that I could re-use or find. It is very impressive to see. I think you will adore.
Here you can live by inviting both indoors and outdoors.
Summons the expression of really refined Ante-Bellum experience with all modern comforts. In the kitchen savor the timeless La CornueFe gas oven and cooktop range from Saint-Ouen l'Aumone, France served by a whisper peaceful, made in the USA Vent-a-hood.
Here you can celebrate the glorious culinary traditions of the Old World using only top-of-the-line All-Clad cookware and silverware. Stemless red and white wine glasses were not overlooked. All coffee mugs, and glasses are made of clear insulated glass along with the serving plates, salad plates and bowls so rest assured every item is shining.
Tidy up after a meal using the stainless bridge faucet in the farmhouse porcelain sink. All items are stored using efficient Rev-a-shelf hardware to home the spices, cutlery, flatware and accessories. Of course, the cabinetry ,kitchen island and 8 foot tall barn doors are hand made on-site using only heart pine sourced during the modernization of the home, from the home.
Crystal-clear Samsung high-definition 4k intelligent T.V. with Xfinity cable. Netflix, Amazon video, and Hulu are intuitively available at the touch of the remote and are complimentary.
The bathroom is tiled using the original re-purposed slate from Vermont dating back to when the home was constructed by shipwrights in 1851. The original standing-seam tin front porch roofing was salvaged and is applied to the wall as the backsplash to the hand-made heart pine vanity with hand-hammered nickel-plated vessel sink. The bathroom includes a slate-tiled walk-in shower with Kohler rain-head showers. The water closets were sourced from Kent, England to give a period feel from the Old-World.
In every bedroom , I give you with a sound machine as well as intelligent-charging stations for your electronic devices. Relish the combination of cypress ship-lap wood walls and heart pine all over. Most, if not all, heart pine material used dates back to roughly the year 1600.
Remember that before the advent of air conditioning, Charlestonians tended to congregate on their porches to socialize and spend time to adore a cool sea wind. There are rocking chairs on the porch making it a great place to relax with a rent while watching the happenings on Cannon Street. But you do not have to settle for just one porch.. you have a rear porch and patio to relish as well. The patio has a lounge chair couch with an Acorn BBQ grille, all silverware and charcoal included.
Outdoor patio with Acorn BBQ grille, all outdoor preparing silverware supplied.
I am three blocks from King Street. Cannon Street dead ends into King where you would be right in the middle of all the activity - many dazzling eateries such as The Darling, the Grocery, Ordinary and Endaco, good places to have drinks like Stars, the Belmont, Midtown and Prohibition. There are also great niche eateries closer than King Street. Pick the experience - fine dining to casual outdoor dining, it is here. You could look up Chez Nous, Trattoria Lucca, Fuel, Goulette.
I am available for questions as needed. Glad to assist in any way I can.
If you want the full Charleston experience you need to sign up for a walking tour or carriage tour, a must. If you have sea legs and are aiming for total immersion into history, the steamboat runs to Ft. Sumter multiple times daily so that you can land your two feet exactly where the Civil War started.
City of Charleston work license # BL008268-09-2017.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and rental homes supply Charleston area area traveller discount magazines which include coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the local business itself. Look for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows visitors to experience those attractions at a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from crowds of people and reduce costs? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies offer discounted prices to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to find out how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Do you think " Timeless Renovated in Downtown Charleston" is the best vacation property for your next family vacation? Browse through this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rentals start booking very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Many visitors choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be complicated between family, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure " Timeless Renovated in Downtown Charleston" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking an expensive rental. One member of your party must be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Optimal accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Pets are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines can vary. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
Once the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Besides having exceptional properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best chance for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when renting " Timeless Renovated in Downtown Charleston", in addition to any other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Vacation home management companies and rental owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
Once you feel you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This will prevent conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Be respectful of the local community. Often, adjacent residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even when you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks filled with pots and pans, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied before you leave.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental management company websites request testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest regarding your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their vacation? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be easy. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles