- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance.
You have found the ideal home for your Charleston stay!
- Delightfully restored unit with 4 bedrooms and two full bathrooms
- Stylish furnishings and décor with all bedrooms having inviting queen beds
- Fantastic overhead speakers with great music selection
- Located 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street
- Two designated parking spots on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars
- House sets back from street
- Private porch where you can relish the aroma of Brown’s Court Bakery
- Ample outdoor lighting
Details of House:
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly restored and refreshed the home: a classy kitchen, 2 new bathrooms, refurbished lovely wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston charisma with modern touches and comforts.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. The couch has a appealing pull out queen couch sleeper and two swivel chairs. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the generous windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. One wall is furbished with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll adore the kitchen. Gather round the handsome peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen includes high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also thoroughly supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. One bedroom is on the first floor and other three are located on the second floor. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally comfortable queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our superb well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms. The first is downstairs and includes a chic bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and includes exposed brick and a sizable vanity topped with pretty granite. For your appreciation, extravagance towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are included.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
If a mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston is given we will give a 100% refund of payments made if order is during whole time of scheduled stay. If you are already staying with us and a mandatory evacuation is called, we will pro-rate the time remaining. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other states or countries which prohibits the renting guest or their visitors to travel to Charleston, no refund will be issued and Owner shall have no liability in regards to the reservation.
We strongly recommend that our visitors buy traveler's insurance at all times, but especially during the Hurricane Season.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose our place for a outstanding holiday in Charleston, SC!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental managers and rental houses provide Charleston area area promotional travel books that feature promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to particular travelers, whether it is oceanside units with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer clients an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the range and wide range of weekly properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to find a rental home that matches their wishes and price range.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "Great Downtown Charleston Location - 4 Bedroom 2 Bath", review our brief list of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Quite often, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simpler.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be mindful that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Does your selected rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking an expensive rental property. In most cases, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental property with open-air kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or near night life? Are bed sheets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do some people in your party have special needs? Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a pup? Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
After the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Contract
Read the entire contract and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover problems, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager without delay. This will prevent disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental property websites request feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you have gained valuable rental search experience to help with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles