- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance.
Handsomely restored unit finished in April 2018. All new furnishings and appliances! 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides 2 designated parking spots on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars.
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 huge palms, a live oak tree and a generous sycamore tree that greets you. This home sets in the back of the unit away from the street. You can sit on your private porch and savor the outstanding aroma from a unreal bakery two doors down.
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly restored and remodeled the home: a brand new classy kitchen, 2 new bathrooms, refurbished delightful wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and comforts.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. The couch has a inviting pull out queen couch sleeper and two swivel chairs. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the sizable windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. . One wall is furbished with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. Gather round the handsome peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen includes high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, enormous refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms.one bedroom is on the first floor and other 3 are located on the second floor. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally comfortable queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms. The first is downstairs and includes a handsome bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and includes exposed brick and a sizable vanity topped with pretty granite. For your appreciation, comfort towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a marvelous holiday in Charleston, SC!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with savings for rental homes, dining and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat guests to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and variety of weekly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be delighted to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM! PERFECT LOCATION! SINGLE HOUSE!", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you want to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your chosen stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a pricey rental home. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What property features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a four-legged friend? Pet policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. A number of limitations may possibly eliminate a potential rental home. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Where to Search
Many websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting "AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM! PERFECT LOCATION! SINGLE HOUSE!", in addition to various other fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental property to ensure you've packed all possessions.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental management company web sites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you're excited to reserve the same property for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles