- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance.
Gorgeously restored unit finished in April 2018. All new furnishings and appliances! 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides 2 designated parking spots on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars.
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 enormous palms, a live oak tree and a generous sycamore tree that greets you. This home sets in the back of the unit away from the street. You can sit on your private porch and appreciate the excellent aroma from a exceptional bakery two doors down.
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly restored and remodeled the home: a brand new classy kitchen, 2 new bathrooms, refurbished appealing wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston charisma with modern touches and amenities.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. The couch has a comfortable pull out queen couch sleeper and two swivel chairs. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the sizable windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. . One wall is finished with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll savor the kitchen. Gather round the splendid peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen includes high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the comforts of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms.one bedroom is on the first floor and other 3 are located on the second floor. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally calming queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms. The first is downstairs and includes a ideal bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and includes exposed brick and a huge vanity topped with impressive granite. For your appreciation, opulence towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are included.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a phenomenal holiday in Charleston, SC!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area printed travel catalogs that feature offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- Able to alter your trip week? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer fantastic rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get special discounts. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most getting excited about during your stay? If there's a particular Charleston area activity which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the right rental property:
Before you start to book "AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM! PERFECT LOCATION! SINGLE HOUSE!", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Many families plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult among family, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Budget
Most rental properties are marketed with a price range. Confirm the rate for your selected stay. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to booking a costly rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do some people in your party have specialized needs? Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the family visiting with a dog or cat? Even though many rentals permit dogs, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Your best potential for a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage when you arrive. We also suggest immediately calling the property manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any needed fixes.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental web sites request comments after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but sincere in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific home away from home. If not, you've gained invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles