- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Smoking Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis is a shared home where we live in a qaint neighborhood within walking distance of the trendy Avondale eateries, bars and stores. Close proximity to downtown Charleston’s shopping and dining, painless entry to Interstates 26 or 526, and ready access to close by beaches and greenways. 5 min walk to a couple great eateries and grocery stores.
Cleaning costs? Not at our place! Just don't make a humongous mess. The price you see is the price you get.
We pride ourselves in including you a tidy home and place to sleep. Rest smooth with newly washed hypoallergenic/waterproof pillowcase and bed protectors, and of course new linens. The bed is a queen and will agreeably sleep two people. Your room has a Intelligent TV with Netflix/Amazon DVD and Blue Ray upon request along with numerous local stations picked up on the HD digital receiver. You are welcome to our wireless network if you bring a laptop or have intelligent phones as well but who came to Charleston to watch TV all day?!?
Guests will have access to common areas of home (kitchen,living room etc), the sun room is connected to your via sliding glass door which leads to the back yard. Guests will be supplied their own tidy private en suite bathroom, it is modest but its all yours!
Interaction with visitors
We are fine to entertain as much as our schedules will accept or just stay back and let you do your thing. Your level of interaction with us is thoroughly up to you, we appreciate meeting new people, but don't want you to feel obligated to hang out with us.
Other things to note
We will give a simple breakfast at no additional charge (coffee, tea, cereal, oat meal, snack bars, and/or fruit).
We have a modest kid which means that we usually have early nights and early mornings. You of course do not have a curfew and are welcomed to come and go as you please.
No smoking in the home but feel complimentary to smoke on back patio. We have a moderate cancellation policy and are flexible to accommodate if you need to change your plans prior to arrival.
- Many rental owners and rental homes provide Charleston area area promotional books which feature deals, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to experience the same great attractions with a generally considerable discounted.
- Prefer to avoid the packed areas and cut costs? The off-peak seasons typically offer great rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get discount rates. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you just love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and experience to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
How to find and book the best vacation home:
Before you decide to book "Downtown Proximity Without Downtown Price/Avondale", read through our brief checklist of considerations.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest choice of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can be complicated between members of the family, but once this difficult part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
The majority of vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your selected stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What home features is your group searching for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do individual people in your party have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the party traveling with a family pet? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints might dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Where to Search
Once the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything required. If something is missing, the home management company might know of comparable properties that suit your desires and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Your best possibility of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study The Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Property management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your findings. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search next time.
- The Citadel - 2.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 2.5 miles
- Hampton Park - 2.6 miles
- City Marina - 2.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.9 miles
- William Aiken House - 3.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 3.6 miles
- Marion Square - 3.6 miles