- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 01421
Our roomy 2nd floor condo, ‘The Simonton Suite’, is ideal for groups of 6-8 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 3 bedrooms that are 1 king and 2 queen beds and 2 full baths. Located beside Coquin Petite Cafe just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) stairs, The Simonton Suite includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. Dining table with 6 seats and living room with plush comfortable couch, HDTV, cable, and Roku. Our team provides basic logins.1st floor room is a king bed. Two of the three bedrooms are located on the second level and are queen beds, with one full bathroom and the other full bath off of the main living room. A entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. Located out the back door through the kitchen is a balcony, with an additional balcony in front including another big comfortable couch.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd and 3rd floors of the home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, calming eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Coquin Petite Cafe located close by. We recommend going here for a tapas plat of Fromage, delicious desserts, wine and eats. The home is only a brief walk from the very outstanding King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case.
Charleston Bicycle Taxi & Charleston Rickshaw
Yellow Cab (Least expensive option to or from the airport)
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the most amazing hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these most impeccable practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation homes supply Charleston area area discount catalogs which include promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Could you adjust your dates? Shoulder seasons special offer amazing discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for discounted rates. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a specific activity you are most anticipating during your stay? You will definitely get the best value from a home that most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to discover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to suit their Charleston area crew, from tranquil condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they manage the online marketing and operations..
We have developed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental experience.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you book "The Garden Gates (Suite B) - Only 3 Blocks from King Street!", go through our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable selection of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Settle on your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among members of the family, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Create a Budget
Make sure "The Garden Gates (Suite B) - Only 3 Blocks from King Street!" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a pricey rental. One individual in your family will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family looking for? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental property rate? Build a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Oftentimes the elder generation has trouble with staircases. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. While quite a few rentals allow dogs, rules and fees fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and breeds might be restricted. Read your contract carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Where to Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study the Total Agreement
Read through the entire agreement and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides comfort should catastrophe strike.
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. Contact the property manager immediately to report your observations. This may prevent conflicts during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Be considerate of the community. Residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine with regards to stay. The best owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Did they like the rental home? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles