- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Deadbolt Lock
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00895
Our roomy 3 floor home, ‘The Grandiose’, is ideal for groups of 16-20 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 8 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up modest (exterior) porch stairs, The Splendid includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. It is charmingly appointed with wood floors, a huge thoroughly supplied kitchen, top of the line appliances, a gracious living area, an island with and a phenomenal patio. The Master Bedroom has a king bed with pillow top bed and extravagance linens. There is a flat screen TV, ceiling fan and sizable closet. Savor flat screen TVs in 5 bedrooms, sizable porches on two stories, and an chic maintained courtyard. Included is a marvelous and private 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom Carriage House directly behind the Main House that offers comfortable privacy for part of your group. You will have access to three, off-street parking spaces. Two breakfast bars and formal dining room with combined seating for 12 and outdoor table with additional seating for 6. Guest bedrooms are located across all three floors with bathrooms. Entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have access to the whole home and will have all the essentials you would need during your stay.
You can pull your cars off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a wind. Three spaces are supplied.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes supply Charleston area area promotional travel catalogs which include offers, either offered individually by local companies, or via a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Able to change your trip week? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few management companies provide unique discounts to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most anticipating during your stay? You'll receive the most value from a rental which most directly matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to learn the number of vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Owners frequently choose management companies to manage promoting and advertising, housekeeping and maintenance tasks.
Here are some tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Before you book "THE GRAND (Historic Downtown) - Only 6 Blocks to King Street!", review our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area vacation homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. A lot of visitors choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be difficult between family members, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Try to remember that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
Check to make sure "THE GRAND (Historic Downtown) - Only 6 Blocks to King Street!" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Do you just desire a rental with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or near shopping? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Gather a list of "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Proper accessibility could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a family dog? Although quite a few vacation rentals allow pets, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
Several internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular rate, guests must pay state taxes when booking "THE GRAND (Historic Downtown) - Only 6 Blocks to King Street!", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. If you find damages, or if repairs are required call the home manager without delay. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Be considerate of the community. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Nearly all rental property websites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did everyone have a great time? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you're ready to reserve the property for next season. Otherwise, you've gained useful experience to help with the next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles