- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00416
Our roomy 2nd & 3rd floor condo, ‘The Sunset Suite’, is ideal for groups of 6-8 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Located above Coquin Petite Cafe off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs that is a common area , The Sunset Suite includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining table with 4 seats and enormous living room with plush calming couches. Recently modernized full bathroom just off of the main living space. Bedrooms are located on the second level (floor 3 in building), with the second full bathroom just off of the bedroom hall. Each of these bedrooms with its own Queen sized bed. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. Guests can appreciate exclusive access to a private rooftop terrace on the third level (floor 4 in building). The café below the rental has outdoor dining as well for locals and our visitors to enjoy.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Elliotborough/Cannonborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, appealing eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic glamour. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Coquin Petite Cafe located close by. We recommend going here for a tapas plat of Fromage, delicious desserts, wine and eats. It's located just below the unit. The home is only a brief walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most elegant things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case.
Charleston Bicycle Taxi & Charleston Rickshaw
Yellow Cab (Least expensive option to or from the airport)
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the most striking hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these choice practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and vacation rental houses provide Charleston area area traveller discount books which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or via a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these guides and coupon books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the same activities at a substantial discounted.
- In a position to modify your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or returning vacation goers of the same rental home. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most getting excited about ? You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Advice
You might be surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be happy to discover that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "The Sunset Suite (Historic Downtown)" is the perfect rental for your upcoming family vacation? Read this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many popular vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area getaway 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Many groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be challenging among close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Create a Budget
Make certain "The Sunset Suite (Historic Downtown)" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. A single member of your party will need to be given the task of collecting repayments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental price at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Needs"
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the home have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do some members of your crew have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your companion! Although quite a few rental homes allow dogs and cats, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Many restrictions might eliminate a potential rental. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Go Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also suggest immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any required repairs.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental property to ensure that you've packed all possessions.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but straightforward about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles