- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00641 and 00656
This home consist of two suites. The downstairs suite has 2 bedrooms and one bath. Including a refreshed kitchen. The bedrooms are set at either end of the apartment giving guest privacy for each other during their stay. The bathroom has just been thoroughly redone and includes a tub with shower and tiled floors. The furnishings include a mix of antiques and modern furnishings. Each room will have a 50-inch flat-screen Intelligent TV in it. There is a king-size bed in each bedroom. The kitchen is well supplied for those who choose to eat in.
The upstairs suite has the same lay out with 2 bedrooms and on bath. Including a modernized kitchen. The bedrooms are set at either end of the apartment giving guest privacy for each other during their stay. The bathroom has just been completely modernized and includes a tub with shower and tiled floors. The furnishings include a mix of antiques and modern furnishings. There is a king size bed in each bedroom. The kitchen is well supplied for those who choose to eat in.
Each unit has a private porch and a door that locks to the street giving you added safety on the porch.
You'll find delight linens on every one of the King beds along with one pull-out couch. There are 4 king beds and 2 pull out couches. There is a dining table in both living rooms with seating for four people. Savor the abundance of natural light all over the home and feel the wind on the amazing porches on both levels.
You will have access to the entire unit. There is one owner closet located in the home.
There will be 5 parking spaces with this unit.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its chummy neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charlestonâs classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves cafeĚ, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores â including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores â as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our unit is run by a 5* hosting services company, Stay Duvet. The helpful team will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities for you at a discounted price, including but not limited to water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see. With Duvet itâs not just about the place to stay, itâs about the experience.
Walk to King Street-5 mins.
Walk to Eateries-5 mins.*
Walk to Salons/Spas-5 mins.
*Eateries within 3 blocks:
Ladles Soups (for Lunch)
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the most elegant hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these most superb practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in travelerâs group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and vacation homes supply Charleston area area promotional catalogs which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Prefer to stay away from the crowds of people? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on weekly rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get promotions. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly longing for during your stay? You'll get the most value from a home which most directly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property owners frequently select management companies to facilitate web advertising, housekeeping and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many novices will be delighted to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Do you think "King in 5 Where you want to be (Historic Downtown)" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To assure the best selection of properties, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area vacation home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Choose your Place and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult between close relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Just How Many Beds?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you will need. Remember that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking a pricey vacation property. Normally, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and collecting each person's share.
Vacation home Features
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Will the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Are you or other individuals in the family visiting with a dog? Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds could be limited. Be sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included.
Its Time to Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies usually have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
Read the full contract and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be valuable.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Please be considerate of the local community. More often than not, nearby properties are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to provide comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but completely honest in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? Ideally everything ended up being wonderful and you're all set to reserve the property for next season. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles