- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00193, 00194
This home consist of two suites. The downstairs suite has 2 bedrooms and one bath. Including a referbished kitchen. The bedrooms are set at either end of the apartment giving guest privacy for each other during their stay. The bathroom has just been thoroughly renovated and includes a tub with shower and tiled floors. The furnishings include a mix of antiques and modern furnishings. There is a king size bed in one bedroom and a queen in the other bedroom. The kitchen is well outfitted for those who choose to eat in.
The upstairs suite has the same lay out with 2 bedrooms and on bath. Including a modernized kitchen. The bedrooms are set at either end of the apartment giving guest privacy for each other during their stay. The bathroom has just been entirely redone and includes a tub with shower and tiled floors. The furnishings include a mix of antiques and modern furnishings. There is a king size bed in one bedroom and a queen in the other bedroom. The kitchen is well supplied for those who choose to eat in.
Each unit has a private porch and a door that locks to the street giving you added safety on the porch.
You'll find opulence linens on every one of the King and Queen beds along with one pull-out couch and a Queen sized air bed. There is a dining table in both living rooms with seating for four people. Appreciate the abundance of natural light all over the home and feel the wind on the amazing porches on both levels.
You will have access to the entire unit. There is one owner closet located in the home.
There will be 4 parking spaces with this unit.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amicable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charlestonâs classic beauty. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves cafeĚ, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores â including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores â as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our unit is run by a 5* hosting services company, Stay Duvet. The helpful team will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities for you at a discounted price, including but not limited to water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most great things to do and see. With Duvet itâs not just about the place to stay, itâs about the experience.
Walk to King Street-5 mins.
Walk to Eateries-5 mins.*
Walk to Salons/Spas-5 mins.
*Eateries within 3 blocks:
Ladles Soups (for Lunch)
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in travelerâs group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus offer travel guide books with savings for vacation rentals, dining and activities. Search for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities at a significantly discounted.
- Desire to avoid the packed areas and get a better price? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of property management companies offer rate reductions to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it's downtown homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed resulting from health-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to learn how many rental properties are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to select a rental which matches their expectations and price range.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however most newcomers will be happy to find that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Finding and booking the perfect vacation property:
Do you believe "King in 5 Where you want to be" is the perfect vacation property for your next family vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest choice of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Choose a Village and Date
Agreement can often be difficult among members of the family, but once this challenging part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Confirm that "King in 5 Where you want to be" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a costly rental home. Usually, one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you primarily want a rental with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and body boards available for use during your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a domestic pet? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be controlled. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Where to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the home management company might know of similar properties that better fit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit empty.
Study the Total Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental Home
After you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed call the home manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Many times, neighboring households are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Virtually all rental home web sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere with regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Did they love their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific vacation rental. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles