- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Pool Table
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Island Oak is superbly located to major tourist attractions in Charleston. From our location, the historic district is a 10 min. drive , Folly Beach is 5 miles away and multiple pro link golf coarse to include the Sea Coarse at Kiawah Island, with in a 15 mile radius.
The home has art and decor collected from my travels around the world with a few pieces by local artist to remind me of home. The huge fenced in yard offers tons of privacy when appreciating the outdoor outdoor space and fire pit.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation houses supply Charleston area area travel magazines which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons provide impressive discounts.
- Several property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most longing for during your stay? If there's a particular Charleston area atteaction that you love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer clients the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Vacation Rental Information
Some people are surprised to discover just how many vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Charleston area family, from relaxed condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and practical experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many novices will be happy to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Where to find and reserve a great rental home:
Before you start to book "Exclusive Low Country Island Estate Excellent Choice Of Large Groups, ", examine our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked early. To guarantee the greatest selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Town and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Try to remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Confirm that "Exclusive Low Country Island Estate Excellent Choice Of Large Groups, " suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to reserving a costly vacation property. Typically, one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What property features is the group interested in? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Special Things to consider
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of comparable properties that fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, nearby homes are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If your property and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest with regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? We hope this guide steered you to a great home away from home. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- James Island County Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 2.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.0 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.4 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.4 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.5 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.6 miles