- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00272 & 00271
Our enormous 2 floor home, ‘Saratoga Suites’, is ideal for groups of 8-12 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Located on Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
This is a combination of two separately accessed condos, stacked on top of each other.
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) stairs, Saratoga includes open floor plans that accommodate both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining tables with four seats and living rooms with high vaulted ceilings and HD Roku TVs. Two of the four bedrooms are located on the 1st level, with 1 full bathrooms. The other two bedrooms and 1 full bathroom are located on the 2nd level. Each of these bedrooms with its own flat screen Roku powered TV and King or Queen sized beds (please refer to photo captions for specific layout). Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally supplied kitchens with basic preparing/kitchenware are also located on each level.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park two cars off-street in a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, calming eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charisma. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Many management companies and vacation houses supply Charleston area area promotional travel books which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons feature impressive deals.
- Many property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat guests to the same property. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a certain experience that you are mainly looking forward to ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
First-timers are often surprised at the range and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners mainly because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most newcomers will be happy to find that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Finding and booking the perfect rental:
Before you decide to book "Saratoga Suites (Full House) - Historic Downtown only 6 blocks from King Street!", go through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Start by determining which specific area of Charleston area you would like to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Create a Budget
Will your selected rental fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly rental home. One member of your company will need to be given the task of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you simply want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Will the property have bikes and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Optimal access could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your best friend! While a number of rentals permit dogs and cats, guidelines and costs vary per property. A number of restrictions may possibly dismiss a potential rental. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If lacking, the rental management company might know of very similar properties that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation home management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a lot more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the rental to be sure you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to give feedback. If the property and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they like the property? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If the property was not perfect, and you will better understand how to filter your search next time.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles