- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00275, 00276, 00277
Our unit, ‘The Orchid House’, is ideal for a sizable group who want to stay together but also have their own space and privacy. This is a multi-unit home with 3 apartments all connected via an internal staircase. The unit consists of 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, and 2 kitchens with: refrigerator-freezer, cooker, microwave and dishwasher, and modest dining areas.
Two living rooms, one of which has a couch bed and a huge Roku TV.
All bedrooms with a queen-size bed, generous windows letting in tons of natural light, wooden floors and a TV.
Three bathrooms, one with a walk-in shower and the other two with bathtubs with overhead shower.
A covered balcony with seating.
Two laundry areas with a washer-dryer.
There are three complimentary parking spaces available if you choose to travel by car.
Guests will have exclusive access to the first and second floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus supply tourism guides with savings for rental management companies, dining and attractions. Look for these guides and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to enjoy those activities with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Able to alter your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Some management companies provide price cuts to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of travellers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to night life. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual property owners frequently offer their guests the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed resulting from health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Tips & Tricks
You may be surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to come across a rental that fits their wishes and spending budget.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Here are some tips and methods to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Finding and booking the right rental:
Before you decide to book "The Orchid House (Home For A Large Group) - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!", review our short list of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking early. To ensure the most desirable choice of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Many visitors choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick a Town and Date
Agreement can often be complicated among relatives, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Make certain "The Orchid House (Home For A Large Group) - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Will the unit have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Special Factors to consider
Adequate access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the party travelling with a pet? Even though quite a few vacation homes allow family pets, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Agreement
Read the entire contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal price, guests must pay state taxes when renting "The Orchid House (Home For A Large Group) - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!", along with various other additional fees which might be required based upon their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find property damage, or if repairs are required contact the rental manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the rental property to be sure you've packed all belongings.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites allow travellers to give comments. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn and Improve
Did they like the rental home? Hopefully everything turned out to be perfect and you're all set to reserve the same property for your next vacation. If not, you've gained valuable experience to help with another search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles