- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00275, 00276, 00277
Our unit, ‘The Orchid House’, is ideal for a generous group who want to stay together but also have their own space and privacy. This is a multi-unit home with 3 apartments all connected via an internal staircase. The unit consists of 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, and 2 kitchens with: refrigerator-freezer, cooker, microwave and dishwasher, and modest dining areas.
Two living rooms, one of which has a couch bed and a huge Roku TV.
All bedrooms with a queen-size bed, sizable windows letting in tons of natural light, wooden floors and a TV.
Three bathrooms, one with a walk-in shower and the other two with bathtubs with overhead shower.
A covered balcony with seating.
Two laundry areas with a washer-dryer.
There are three complimentary parking spaces available if you choose to travel by car.
Guests will have exclusive access to the first and second floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amicable neighbors, calming eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix handily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most gorgeous things to do and see.
StayDuvet is proud to offer EXCLUSIVE ROOM SERVICE included by the Coquin Cafe. This perk will be unlocked at time of renting and orders can be made online. We also accept Pre-Orders.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Many property managers and rental properties supply Charleston area area travel catalogs which include money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to experience the very same fantastic attractions at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Could you move your dates? The off-peak seasons may offer fantastic rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for special discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly longing for ? You'll receive the best value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed resulting from medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the best rental home:
Do you believe "The Orchid House (Home For A Large Group) - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!" is the best rental for your next visit? Look over this guide to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable destinations, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked early. To ensure the most desirable selection of homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes much easier.
Just How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Keep in mind that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
Will your favorite rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do certain members of your crew have specific needs? Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Remember to include your furrry friends. While many rental homes permit furry friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. You'll want to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies offer you excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have found your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard charge, vacationers will have to pay state taxes when renting "The Orchid House (Home For A Large Group) - 4 Blocks to Citadel Stadium!", as well as various other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please be considerate of the community. Local people should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental home to ensure you've collected all valuables.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental home management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer feedback. If the property and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere with regards to stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a blast? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning will be simple. If the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next time.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles