- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThe Space:
Our sizable 3 floor home, ‘Antigua’, is ideal for groups of 8 - 10 visitors with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths. Located off of Ashley Avenue, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, Antigua includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining table with 4 seats and additional seating on the balcony for 6. Living room with high vaulted ceilings and a plush inviting couch. Two of the four bedrooms are located on the second floor, with two full bathrooms, one off of the main living room. One bedroom including two Queen sized beds is located on the first floor with its own full ensuite bath and private kitchenette. There is 55" flat screen TV in the enormous living room with Apple TV. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. You can feel the warmth of the splendid sunsets from the roomy covered second-floor terrace/balcony which includes convenient seating and dining space. There is also a community coin-operated laundry room to use during your stay, located on the first floor.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd (and half of the 1st) floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety. Two parking spaces are supplied. You can pull your cars off the street and in a driveway tandem style beside the home, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its neighborly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional tourism guide books with special packages for rental homes, dining and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times offer up sizeable savings.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers to the same property. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly getting excited about ? You should prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer guests the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are sure to locate a rental home which fits their desires and spending budget.
The majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and working experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Do you believe "Antigua (Contemporary Sunny Home in Downtown)" is the perfect vacation property for your next family vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes start booking early. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Start by choosing which particular area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the approximate trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain "Antigua (Contemporary Sunny Home in Downtown)" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single individual in your group will have to be in charge of getting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you only desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are bed sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Appropriate access could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your furry family members. Although quite a few rentals allow canine companions, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best chance of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read The Agreement
Read through the entire agreement and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings. This can prevent disputes during checkout.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make sure you've collected all valuables.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Most vacation rental sites seek feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something was wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic home away from home. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles