- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00156
Our big 3 floor home, ‘Antigua’, is ideal for groups of 8 - 10 visitors with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths. Located off of Ashley Avenue, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, Antigua includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or relish a meal. Dining table with 4 seats and additional seating on the balcony for 6. Living room with high vaulted ceilings and a plush peaceful couch. Two of the four bedrooms are located on the second floor, with two full bathrooms, one off of the main living room. One bedroom including one Queen and one Double sized beds is located on the first floor with its own full ensuite bath and private kitchenette. There is 55" flat screen TV in the cavernous living room with Apple TV. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. You can feel the warmth of the charming sunsets from the roomy covered second-floor terrace/balcony which includes convenient seating and dining space. There is also a community coin-operated laundry room to use during your stay, located on the first floor.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd (and half of the 1st) floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety. Two parking spaces are supplied. You can pull your cars off the street and in a driveway tandem style beside the home, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its affable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic glamour. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus will send you guides with savings for rental homes, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Can you change your vacation week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get price reductions. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular customers, whether it's soundside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area activity that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual property owners commonly offer customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to uncover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to suit their Charleston area gang, from peaceful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "Antigua (Contemporary Sunny Home in Downtown)" is the best vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Quite often, the toughest part of planning your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else is simplier and easier.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected week. It could be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each person's share.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What home features is the family looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a pet? Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Many limitations may eliminate a prospective rental property. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies will have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Total Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your observations.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most vacation rental sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If something was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they feel about the vacation rental? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you are all set to re-book the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles