- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00768
Our voluminous 3 floor home, ‘Antigua’, is just right for groups of 8 - 10 visitors with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths. Located off of Ashley Avenue, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, Antigua includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or relish a meal. Dining table with 4 seats and additional seating on the balcony for 6. Living room with high vaulted ceilings and a plush inviting couch. Two of the four bedrooms are located on the second floor, with two full bathrooms, one off of the main living room. One bedroom including one Queen and one Double sized beds is located on the first floor with its own full ensuite bath and private kitchenette. There is 55" flat screen TV in the huge living room with Apple TV. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. You can feel the warmth of the handsome sunsets from the cavernous covered second-floor terrace/balcony which includes convenient seating and dining space. There is also a community coin-operated laundry room to use during your stay, located on the first floor.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd (and half of the 1st) floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety. Two parking spaces are included. You can pull your cars off the street and in a driveway tandem style beside the home, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its neighborly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic grace. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most gorgeous things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the most attractive hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these premium practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Many property managers and rental homes supply Charleston area area travel discount catalogs which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or by a relationship between the property manager and the local merchant itself. Look for these publications and coupon books, because this allows vacationers to experience those wonderful activities at a often significantly discounted.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds and save cash? Off-peak times offer up significant bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a special offer.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction which you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rental homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Owners typically choose management companies to manage online advertising, housekeeping services and regular maintenance.
We've developed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Before you book "Antigua (Contemporary Sunny Home in Downtown)", read through our brief collection of factors to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Consensus can be tough among members of the family, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you need to have. Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Does the preferred vacation property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking an expensive rental. A single member of your company will have to be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor kitchen? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home payment? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your companion! Even though many vacation homes allow pets, guidelines and fees vary per property. A number of limitations might dismiss a potential rental. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match guests with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you've spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read The Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Get Contact Info
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately calling the property manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any critical repairs. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little bit. Even when you're paying a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental needs to be in good shape. Sinks full of dishes, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be dealt with before leaving.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most vacation rental web sites request feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific vacation rental. Maybe the property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles