- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyGetAway House has 5 Queen Beds. A great set up for friends and family getaways, couples traveling together, girls weekends and for those who want to experience downtown Charleston.
We require a two nighttime minimum stay Monday-Wednesday and a three nighttime minimum stay Thursday-Sunday.
Ideal location: 5 min. walk to King Street. Savor some of Charleston's choice dining including local neighborhood favorites: Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Sugar Bakery, The Warehouse, Five Loaves, Indaco, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Callie's Hot Little Biscuits -- all located within a 5 min. walk, including two James Beard recipient eateries.
Nicely Appointed Bedrooms: New high quality linens and new high quality beds. Voluminous, thoroughly supplied, referbished kitchen- ideal for preparing, entertaining, relishing with friends.
Relish the two porches, voluminous backyard.
Updated 2.5 bathrooms: Includes one bathroom with Giant Spa Shower, one bathroom with tiled shower/bathtub and one 1/2 bathroom.
House has great ambiance- stylishly appointed, well-maintained and exremely appealing. Includes 2 parking spaces, Washer/Dryer, WiFi.
We require a 3-nighttime minimum on weekends (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday).
Check In is 3:00 pm and Check Out is 11:00 am.
- Many property management companies and rental properties supply Charleston area area traveller discount books which feature offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. Look for these guides and discount books, as this allows vacationers to discover the same attractions at a substantial discounted.
- Just want to stay away from crowds and save some money? Off-peak times offer sizable bargains.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning guests of the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve specific visitors, whether it's downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Consider investing in trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Information
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most beginners will be delighted to discover that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "Perfect Location to Live Charleston's Charm " is the perfect rental for your next trip? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months before a trip. A lot of groups prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose a Community and Time
Begin by choosing which specific area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the choose travel dates.
Just How Many Beds?
Determine who is joining, and how many/what sort of bedroom setup you need to have. Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Make a Spending Limit
Most rental properties are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your desired stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each person understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your party will need to be given the task of collecting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your group looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Does the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or near restaurants? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Factors to consider
Often times the elder generation has trouble with staircases. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Although many rental homes permit dogs and cats, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
After the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide exceptional service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation home has everything you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Vacation home management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager immediately.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Be considerate of the local community. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to make sure you've gathered all belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites allow customers to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to solve the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their rental? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the property was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to filter your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles