- 9 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this Property
Welcome to The Inns! We are a brand of extravagance holiday homes. All of our Inns are fresh, freshly redone, and professionally finished. Custom finishes all through this historic home showcase celebrated local artists and interior designers. We are located in the heart of downtown Charleston. Just a few blocks off famed King Street. This opulent 9 bedroom home has 6 full baths plus 2 kitchens, and appreciates total privacy for your utmost appreciation. There are private porches and 4 parking spots.
Savor full access to this enchanting 9-bedroom home on 154 Spring Street including:
154 A - two-bedroom extravagance suite with two king beds and full bath with walk in shower. There is a kitchenette with mini refrigerator and Keurig coffee machine. You will find numerous wall mounted TV's in the bedrooms, and an air bed with linens can also be found in one of the closets.
154 B - two-bedroom bliss suite with two queen beds, and two full baths. One of the baths includes a tub, while the other has a walk-in shower. There is a kitchen with oven, refrigerator, ice maker, microwave, toaster, Keurig machine, and basic pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. The living room provides a sizable couch along with two chairs for seating, coffee table, and wall mounted TV. There is also a modest breakfast table for eating. Adore the weather by hanging out on the attached shared porch. An additional air bed with linens can be found in one of the closets if needed.
154 C - three-bedroom opulence suite with one king bed, one queen bed, one single bed, and two full baths. One of the baths includes a tub, while the other has a walk in shower. There is a kitchen with oven, refrigerator, ice maker, microwave, toaster, Keurig machine, and basic pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. The living room provides a huge couch along with two chairs for seating, coffee table, and wall mounted TV. Adore the weather by hanging out on the attached private porch. An air bed with linens can again be found in one of the closets if needed.
154 D - two-bedroom delight suite with one queen bed, one full bed, and one full bath with walk in shower. There is a kitchenette with mini refrigerator and Keurig coffee machine. The living room provides a couch along with two chairs for seating, coffee table, and wall mounted TV. An air bed with linens can also be found here in one of the closets.
The four units (A, B, C, and D) are connected inside, making up a marvelous nine-bedroom listing. Four complimentary parking spots are also supplied behind the home.
You'll be staying inside one of the trendiest neighborhoods in downtown Charleston. Only blocks off famed King Street, you are a brief walk away from many of the most first-rate stores, eateries, and bars that the “Holy City” has to offer. Just a speedy ride to The Battery. Only 20 mins. from Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island and Folly Beach. Staying here will be an experience you won't soon forget!
This rental 154 ABCD is for the entire main home of our home on 154 Spring Street. The entrance for 154 A is right through the front pink door. The entrance for 154 B is located through the driveway at the back of the home. The entrance for 154 C is located through the front pink door of the home and then up the first set of stairs. The entrance for 154 D is located through the front pink door of the home and then up the first and second set of stairs. You will savor full privacy as there is no shared space inside. Please note that there are a few steps to get to the front door.
We use key-less entry to access our home. You will receive the codes on the day of your arrival.
Our home is located in the highly sought after Cannonborough / Elliotborough neighborhood of historic downtown Charleston. This neighborhood has become known as the “Gateway to the Peninsula,” and is home to a number of local eateries, casual eateries, flower stores, and other modest stores. The streets of this neighborhood have a great energy, and everything you could possibly want is just a brief walk away!
If you are driving in, there is designated parking for you in the back. If you are flying in, you can conveniently walk around or grab an Uber/Lyft as well as pedi-cabs or other taxi services.
Other Things to Note:
Check-In is at 4 PM. Check-Out is at 11 AM.
We do give complimentary suitcases storage options.
Interaction with Guests:
The Inns are all designed to give you with the highest level of happiness and satisfaction. Our Guest Services manager will send you a welcome e-mail and is always available to help with any needs or questions you might have. Please relish your stay!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation houses provide Charleston area area traveller discount books which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. Look for these books and discount books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of those terrific activities at a generally substantial discounted.
- Want to stay away from crowds and get a better price? Off-peak times offer up substantive markdowns.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning visitors of the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? If there's a specific Charleston area activity that you love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to suit their Charleston area group, from calm condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Do you think "? The Inns at 154 Spring - 9 BR / 6 BA ?" is the perfect rental home for your next getaway? Look over this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. A lot of families prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is deciding on where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest is more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the group. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure "? The Inns at 154 Spring - 9 BR / 6 BA ?" works with your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a pricey rental home. One member of your party must be given the task of collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental property charge? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds might be controlled. Make sure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Start your Search
After the location, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Besides having exclusive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed contact the property manager without delay. This may prevent disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Clean up a little. Even though you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be taken care of before you leave.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental home management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your compliments. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
How did they like the rental home? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific home away from home. If the property wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles