- As low as $205/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Internet access
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near the sea
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 895 sq ft (83 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 895 square feet
Oak Tree Cottage
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
A loving abode previously called home by multiple generations of a local family, this 1940s getaway is a fast drive away from downtown Charleston, 20 mins. away from Kiawah Island, and 15 mins. away from Folly Beach. Entertainment will come conveniently as you discover the city's many music venues, eateries, bars, and stores. Take some time to discover the neighborhood where a community garden and playground area await your family's enjoyment.
Surrounded by lush, native plants and a canopy of 100-year-old oak trees, this cozy and comfortable home carries an abundance of historic appeal with an updated interior. The living room adorned with plush seating, a enormous TV, and an amazing board game collection is the ideal space to relax, relax, and spend quality family time together.
Cook amongst the high-end appliances and blue cabinetry in the full kitchen and dine together as a family at the adjacent formal dining table.
Your comfort is key - so rest assured that each of the bedrooms comes complete with soft linens, ample sprawling space, and an inviting color palette. Additional interior perks include; a private washer/dryer and central air-conditioning.
Outside, the South Carolina sunshine can be relished in from the wrap-around deck.
THINGS TO KNOW
Noise MUST be kept at a minimum after 10:00 pm and prior to 7:00 am.
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC.
Streaming services available with guests’ own account(s).
If you are bringing a dog on your trip, the nightly pet fee is already supplied in your quote when selecting 'Yes' to family pets. If you would like to add more dogs, please contact us. The $20 nightly fee will apply for each additional dog.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking available for 3 cars.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 24 years of age to book. Guests under 24 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: LC007471
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is by the sea. Gullah Geechee Exhibit & Borough Project and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Historic Rice Mill and Charleston Music Hall. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as swimming and other activities like birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
How to book the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Book your vacation home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Some property management companies offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines have coupons for nearby shops and restaurants.
Selecting the best rental home in the Charleston area area:
- Choose vacation week and budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Historic charmer with a wrap-around deck, board games, & central AC - dogs ok has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the host before you book the vacation property. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly rental. Make sure to ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Tips to have a terrific stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your phone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, television set or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents a lot of concerns.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Document any damages to the property at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be useful if damages are assessed.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great source for finding the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to stimulate more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- James Island County Park - 1.9 miles
- City Marina - 2.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.0 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.3 miles
- The Citadel - 3.3 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.5 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.8 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles