- As low as $144/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 1
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 1
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This freshly remodeled home features mid-century modern designer furnishings in every room, a collection of original art by well-known artists and a enormous outdoor patio complete with a couch, grille and garden. If you’re looking for something special in Charleston, this is it.
Every detail in the home has been accounted for to make modern renters feel right at home, and to create an ideal living experience for long-term renters accustomed to a certain lifestyle. There’s a TV equipped with an Amazon Firestick in every room, a Ring alarm system and high-end appliances in the kitchen. The garden even has an irrigation system, so you can sit back and relax on one of two outdoor couches while the jasmine blooms around you.
All furnishings is either from West Elm, was bespoke-made in Charleston or is an original mid-century modern piece. There’s a sizable desk in one of the bedrooms ideal for anyone working remotely. Plus, the coffee table in the living room was bespoke designed to expand out, so you can work comfortably from the couch, or eat dinner while watching Netflix.
The home walls are filled with signed original art by major artists like Coco Dávez and feature art commissioned by music icons like David Bowie and Aretha Franklin.
If you’re looking for culture, comfort and a bit of soul, then this is the place for you
Located in the Eastside on Charleston’s oldest park, Hampstead Mall, the home is walking distance to the best bars and eateries on upper King Street, from The Ordinary to The Darling. The Eastside has been described as Charleston’s Harlem and as such features amazing soul music clubs, like The Commodore, and soul food eateries, like Hannibal’s. This home is steps away from unique places like those with real Southern character, plus many of the award-winning spots on Charleston’s finest-of lists.
*Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests staying with Duvet Homes have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $30 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $50 per person: Saturdays
Monthly passes can be purchased for a discounted rate
*Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Seasonality, Weather factors, and are
first come, first serve, so please make sure to confirm operating hours for the dates of your stay.
Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 6 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 6+ rent a Cabana.
All guests must be at least 25 years or older to access the Club and must consent (in
writing) to the Club Rules and Regulations.
*Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Other Things To Note:
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
Included With Each Stay:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal Charleston area rental experience:
Finding the best value:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental home up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. Book your rental property in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Owners sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites often offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Hampstead House 2br/1ba has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is often accessible online. Otherwise, email the property management company before booking the vacation property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or charges may be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few difficulties.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- At Check-in, note any damages to the property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a terrific vacation? Many rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.7 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.0 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.1 miles