- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392 & 00239
This freshly-refurbished, classy unit includes a two-story main home (with a unit on each floor) and a single-story guesthouse, making up a total of three units. This setup is ideal for those who want to travel to Charleston in a big group, but also want to have their own space and privacy. Each unit includes a enormous living room with a flat screen TV connected to Apple TV, and a thoroughly-supplied modern kitchen.
The unit includes:
An upstairs unit in the main home. It includes a master bedroom with a king-size bed and an bathroom with a classic clawfoot bathtub. In the corner of the living room is a comfortable sleeping nook with a queen-size daybed. This unit also has access to a balcony, a great place to hang out and watch the sunset.
A downstairs unit in the main home has a huge living room. The master bedroom includes a master bedroom with a King-size bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The living room has a article pull out couch to accommodate up to two visitors. This unit has 2 full bathrooms with brand new showers with pretty tile. This unit has private access to a cavernous porch.
A guesthouse, just a brief walk away from the main home via a patio. There are two bedrooms, one with queen-size bed and the guest bedroom has two full beds. The full bathroom includes a shower with complimentary toiletries and fluffy towels.
An outdoor patio next to the guesthouse with a grille and seating. A great place for everybody to come together and hang out.
There are four on-site parking spaces available for visitors.
The unit can restfully sleep up to 12 visitors but we can also give an additional air bed upon request.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st & 2nd floors of the main home as well as the the entire bungalow home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You may park three to four cars (based on size) in the driveway, You will park tandem one in front of the other . This makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the sensational and trendy Elliotborough/Cannonborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, appealing eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. The home
is just a few mins.’ drive from King & Calhoun, giving you convenient access to the most exemplary shopping, bars, and eateries in town.
Our visitors and neighbors rave about The Bearded Café, a coffee shop located just in front of the unit. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and a delicious pastry. Make sure to pay them a visit during their Happy Hour!
As you walk along the coastal area of Charleston, you’ll come across The Battery, a seawall and promenade. Many historic and splendid homes line The Battery, making it an just right place to go for a dramatic walk.
Every Saturday, Marion Square hosts a farmers’ market with locally-grown produce, handmade goods, and delicious food stands. It’s also a gorgeous green space for Charlestonian locals and tourists alike to soak up some sun. The square is only a few blocks from the home.
Interaction With Guests:
The best way to see Charleston is by bicycle or easily on your feet. I highly recommend renting bicycles from Affordabike and get lost on a ride through the historic city. Uber and Rickshaws are another great way to get around. All Uber rides are under or around $5.
We live down the street and rent the main home out full-time, but since these are separate dwellings, our interaction will be pretty limited. We are open to hanging out, but if you want privacy, this is definitely a space to accommodate that. If we're home when you pull in the first time we'll definitely try to say hi and orient you to your temporary home.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed guides with special deals for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds and save cash? Shoulder seasons offer impressive discounts.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or returning travelers to the same rental. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it's oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer guests the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and wide range of short term properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to locate a vacation home which fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and methods to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you think "The Majestic ( Great for Groups)" is the best rental property for your next family vacation? Read through this check list to make sure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Agreement can be complicated between loved ones, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Make certain "The Majestic ( Great for Groups)" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a costly rental home. Usually, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Adequate accessibility can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the crew visiting with a family dog? Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds might be restricted. Read your agreement carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the community. Often, neighboring households are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a bit. Although you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The rental home should really be in good shape. Kitchen sinks filled with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be remedied prior to leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
How did they feel about the rental home? Ideally everything ended up being wonderful and you are ready to re-book the property for your next vacation. If the property wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles