- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392 & 00239
This freshly-refurbished, beautiful unit includes a two-story main home (with a unit on each floor) and a single-story guesthouse, making up a total of three units. This setup is ideal for those who want to travel to Charleston in a big group, but also want to have their own space and privacy. Each unit includes a enormous living room with a flat screen TV connected to Apple TV, and a entirely-supplied modern kitchen.
The unit includes:
An upstairs unit in the main home. It includes a master bedroom with a king-size bed and an bathroom with a classic clawfoot bathtub. In the corner of the living room is a inviting sleeping nook with a queen-size daybed. This unit also has access to a balcony, a great place to hang out and watch the sunset.
A downstairs unit in the main home has a generous living room. The master bedroom includes a master bedroom with a King-size bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The living room has a article pull out couch to accommodate up to two visitors. This unit has 2 full bathrooms with brand new showers with handsome tile. This unit has private access to a voluminous porch.
A guesthouse, just a brief walk away from the main home via a patio. There are two bedrooms, one with queen-size bed and the guest bedroom has two full beds. The full bathroom includes a shower with complimentary toiletries and fluffy towels.
An outdoor patio next to the guesthouse with a grille and seating. A great place for everybody to come together and hang out.
There are four on-site parking spaces available for visitors.
The unit can pleasantly sleep up to 12 visitors but we can also give an additional air bed upon request.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st & 2nd floors of the main home as well as the the entire bungalow home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You may park three to four cars (based on size) in the driveway, You will park tandem one in front of the other . This makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Elliotborough/Cannonborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, calming eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic beauty. The home
is just a few mins.’ drive from King & Calhoun, giving you convenient access to the best shopping, bars, and eateries in town.
Our visitors and neighbors rave about The Bearded Café, a coffee shop located just in front of the unit. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and a delicious pastry. Make sure to pay them a visit during their Happy Hour!
As you walk along the coastal area of Charleston, you’ll come across The Battery, a seawall and promenade. Many historic and splendid homes line The Battery, making it an just right place to go for a spectacular walk.
Every Saturday, Marion Square hosts a farmers’ market with locally-grown produce, handmade goods, and delicious food stands. It’s also a alluring green space for Charlestonian locals and tourists alike to soak up some sun. The square is only a few blocks from the home.
Interaction With Guests:
The most grand way to see Charleston is by bicycle or easily on your feet. I highly recommend renting bicycles from Affordabike and get lost on a ride through the historic city. Uber and Rickshaws are another great way to get around. All Uber rides are under or around $5.
We live down the street and rent the main home out full-time, but since these are separate dwellings, our interaction will be pretty limited. We are open to hanging out, but if you want privacy, this is definitely a space to accommodate that. If we're home when you pull in the first time we'll definitely try to say hi and orient you to your temporary home.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation homes provide Charleston area area promotional magazines which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the merchant itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to alter your travel week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for special discounts. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily designed for particular groups of guests. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to night life. If there's a specific Charleston area activity which you just love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of properties are located in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting vacationers with reserving, check-in, house cleaning, and any routine service problems that may arise.
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
How to find and reserve a great rental property:
Before you decide to book "The Majestic (Great for Groups)", go through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you want to browse, and the approximate trip dates.
Pick a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Keep in mind that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Confirm that "The Majestic (Great for Groups)" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, be certain that everyone knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your group will have to be in charge of getting repayments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you simply want a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in town, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property payment? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pet policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match renters with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from having distinctive properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation home has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best opportunity for a lower rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read through the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard fee, guests will have to pay local taxes when renting "The Majestic (Great for Groups)", along with any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also suggest immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any needed fixes.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Please be respectful of the community. More often than not, neighboring households are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a little more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to ensure that you've packed all possessions.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental home? Just about all property management companies and rental websites permit customers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but straightforward with regards to stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to go back? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great home away from home. Maybe the property was not perfect, and you will better understand how to improve your search next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles