- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00089
Our enormous 1st floor condo, ‘Gentry’, is just right for groups of 2-4 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located on historic King Street, location won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, Gentry includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or adore a meal. Living room with high vaulted ceilings and 55" HD Roku powered TV. Queen size bedroom is located off of the main living room with an ensuite bathroom and flat screen Roku powered TV. Our team provides basic login credentials for Netflix and internet TV, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have access to the entire space along with all the appliances and niceties supplied with the listing.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charisma. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very famed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the best things to do and see.
StayDuvet is proud to offer EXCLUSIVE ROOM SERVICE supplied by the Coquin Cafe. This perk will be unlocked at time of renting and orders can be made online. We also accept Pre-Orders.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you promotional guides with deals for accommodations, restaurants and activities. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of those terrific activities at a typically considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak seasons frequently offer great rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for unique discounts. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to particular visitors, whether it is downtown homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area activity that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners often offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to learn just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Charleston area group, from peaceful condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Before you book "Gentry - 1 Bed/1 Bath Condo - Incredible On King St Location!", review our brief list of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. To guarantee the very best selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Decide on a Town and Date
Agreement can be difficult between close relatives, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom setup you will need. Remember that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Does the preferred rental property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several groups or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each person understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your family searching for? Do you just want a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are bed sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Occasionally the elder generation has trouble with stairways. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the family traveling with a furry companion? Although quite a few vacation homes allow household pets, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. Many restrictions may eliminate a prospective rental. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when animals are added.
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local companies will often have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
Read the complete agreement and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you find problems, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager straight away. This will prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, neighboring residences are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental to assure you've collected all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to offer feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but completely honest with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a good time? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be painless. If the rental wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles