- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00089
Our voluminous 1st floor condo, ‘Gentry’, is just right for groups of 2-4 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located on historic King Street, location won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, Gentry includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or relish a meal. Living room with high vaulted ceilings and 55" HD Roku powered TV. Queen size bedroom is located off of the main living room with an ensuite bathroom and flat screen Roku powered TV. Our team provides basic login credentials for Netflix and internet TV, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have access to the entire space along with all the appliances and niceties supplied with the listing.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amiable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic grace. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very outstanding King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties provide Charleston area area vacation discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds and save some money? Off-peak times provide sizeable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for promotions. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a certain Charleston area activity which you just love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times shocked at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Charleston area area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you believe "Gentry - 1 Bed/1 Bath Condo - Incredible On King St Location!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Read this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for families to plot their Summer family trips..
Decide on a Community and Date
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Will the chosen vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly rental. In most cases, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do people in your group have specialized needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your best friend! Pets are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may dismiss a potential rental home. Study your contract thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are added.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of similar homes that fit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "Gentry - 1 Bed/1 Bath Condo - Incredible On King St Location!", in addition to various other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems when you arrive. If you find property damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager right away. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be valuable.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little bit. Although you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental home needs to be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Virtually all vacation rental web sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine about your experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? With some luck everything ended up being ideal and you're ready to re-book the rental home for next year. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles