- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Games
About this PropertyThis beach home is located in the downtown district of Isle of Palms. It's just a few steps out the back pool gate into the marvelous little breakfast restaurant known as the Sea-biscuit. Parking is always a bit difficult so being able to open the back gate and walk over to a restaurant, the famed Paneme Coffee House, stores or the beach is just charming! Not in the mood for food? Walk another block down and you will be at Sea Blvd. and right across from our gorgeous family beaches of Isle of Palms. Had a little too much fun and just want to stay home and relax? Appreciate the expansive vistas and salty sea winds from the rooftop patio. With numerous world distinguished golf courses to pick from you are sure to find a tee time that fits your schedule and budget. If you need a little additional R&R there is the Island Spa Retreat for massage and facials - and it's right next door. If you have modest children you can rinse off their sand at the outdoor shower and then you can relax next to the modest backyard pool while they swim and float around in the pool to cool off and wear out that last bit of energy- ensuring they are ready for bed! The pool can be heated in the colder seasons if you decide to buy pool gas. The home has modern and calming decor, new carpet and freshly colored in 2018. The kitchen has a dining table that seats 8 plus a kitchen bar area with an additional four chairs. It's kid amiable with tons of beach toys, crib, high chair, toys, games, and additional blankets. While you won't very need it, there is an electric golf cart in the garage, which you may use if you accept the liability release waiver form and you must be at least 25 years or older with a valid driver's license. We also have a few water toys such as a kayak, knee board and surfboard which may be helpful for those adverturous people in your group. Just be sure that if you use beach gear you rinse it off and put it back where it was stored so that future visitors can savor using it. If you want to ride bicycles on the beach, over to Sullivan's Island or just around Isle of Palms there are multiple local companies which rent and deliver beach bicycles, chairs and umbrellas. Relish touring historic sites? Visit close by Fort Moultire, Boone Hall Plantation, Patriot's Point, Charles Town Landing, and historical downtown Charleston all are about fifteen to twenty mins. away. Families are a major part of the Charleston culture and you can nearly always find festivals, art shows, and cultural events happening around town by checking the Charleston Visitor's Center website or a fast Internet search.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property owners and rental properties supply Charleston area area printed travel magazines that feature deals, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the merchant itself. Search for these guides and discount books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of the same great activities with a substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some property management companies offer discounted rates to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of guests. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual home owners commonly offer guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the number and wide selection of short term properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
We've developed a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Do you think "Heatable Pool Downtown views, Great location near the front beach shopping area" is the best rental for your upcoming family vacation? Read this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday reunions are a popular time for groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else is simpler.
Decide on a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Consider that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure "Heatable Pool Downtown views, Great location near the front beach shopping area" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. In most cases, a single member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you want a rental property with outside dining area? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do some members of your crew have special needs? Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Even though quite a few vacation homes allow animals, rules and fees vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be limited. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Several internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Read through the Entire Contract
Read through the whole contract and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal rate, vacationers will have to pay state taxes when booking "Heatable Pool Downtown views, Great location near the front beach shopping area", in addition to any other fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find problems, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the community. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a bit. Even though you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The rental home should be in sound condition. Sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be taken care of prior to leaving.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Virtually all rental websites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a great time? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. Maybe the rental home wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to improve your search next time.