- 1 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Smoking Allowed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyShiawa-Sea Cottage-LL (Vacation Rental By Owner #1205142) has 1 bedroom, full cypress wood/block, walk-in shower room with sand porcelain tub, pedestal sink & stool, full kitchen with dining & office area, family room with teal, wrap-around couch and pinewood entertainment center and private entrance. The LL shares niceties, the LL laundry room and will hear movement of UL visitors (when occupied). We are pet-amiable; however, if you or your pet are sensitive to household noises (possibly by another pet), the Cottage may not the right choice for you. If both the UL & LL are reserved, an additional $50/nighttime/Adult or $25/nighttime/Child will be assessed, for a max. occupancy of 8 Adults or 6 Adults and 4 Childrens.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you tourism guides with special deals for lodging, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your dates? The off-peak seasons typically offer great rates on daily rental accommodations.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. You'll get the most value from a rental which most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to uncover how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to fit their Charleston area group, from relaxing condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting vacationers with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning services, and any maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be happy to realize that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you believe "Shiawa-Sea Cottage-LL accommodates 2 Adults, pet-friendly, can be included " is the best rental home for your upcoming getaway? Read this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking early. To ensure the most desirable selection of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Many households decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can be complicated between close relatives, but once this complicated part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your trip? Be aware that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure "Shiawa-Sea Cottage-LL accommodates 2 Adults, pet-friendly, can be included " fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that everyone understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your pets. While quite a few rental homes allow cats and dogs, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
Once the location, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides offering exceptional rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
When you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also advise immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any needed repairs. This can prevent disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. More often than not, nearby properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Many vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your feedback.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. Maybe the rental home was not perfect, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.