- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyJust Listed! Be five mins. from all the spectacular things Downtown Charleston has to offer while being in a private, peaceful space of your own! Stylish, modern decor reflects the coolness of the new Charleston.
Detached, private bungalow with King bed in bedroom and Sealy couch pullout in living room. Island kitchen, smooth parking on side street in sensational neighborhood. Washer and Dryer in the unit. The couch is a pullout with a Sealy bed which can accommodate two modest children.
Great location and Avondale style. Cottage is choice suited for 3 adults max, but could categorically accommodate a family of four with two children modest enough to share the pullout, which is a double.
Local unit manager (20 year resident of Charleston) to handle all your needs. We want you to have a memorable stay. Need something - ask us!
We adore the vibe of Avondale. We feel its the coolest part of Charleston outdoor of downtown. We're five mins. drive from MUSC and downtown. Three min. walk to one of Charlestons most first-rate Mexican Eateries for cheerful hour!
Wifi, Cable, convenient parking....peaceful.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with special offers for rental properties, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these books and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to take advantage of those terrific attractions at a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Are your trip dates changeable? Shoulder seasons provide outstanding promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for discount rates. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it is soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their customers an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals can be found in Charleston area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be happy to know that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Do you believe "Charming, Quiet 1 Bdrm Cottage in Avondale 5 Mins From Downtown Charlesto " is the best rental for your next trip? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked very early. To guarantee the best selection of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest part of organizing your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be mindful that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your selected trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving a pricey rental. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Do you want a rental with open-air kitchen? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Special Issues to consider
Appropriate access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the family visiting with a domestic pet? While many rental homes allow pets or animals, rules and charges vary per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Read your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start the Search
When the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies will often have an exclusive selection of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company might know of similar homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
Read through the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. Contact the property manager right away to report your findings. This may protect against disputes during checkout.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental home to confirm you've collected all belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Nearly all rental management company sites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you should note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Does everyone want to go back? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be simple and easy. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- The Citadel - 1.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 1.8 miles
- City Marina - 2.1 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.2 miles
- William Aiken House - 2.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 2.8 miles
- Marion Square - 2.9 miles