- As low as $476/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Porch or lanai
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
** Please read the entire listing prior to booking. **
COOPER HOME offers a extravagant stay on the entire top floor of a meticulously refreshed home dating back to 1885. This striking and cavernous unit features exceptional standards of comfort and style.
Step onto the 400 square feet verandah and be enchanted by its haint blue coffered ceiling, rocking chairs, and inviting outdoor dining area. It's the ideal spot to relax and savor the surrounding ambiance.
Inside, the corner Main bedroom awaits, featuring a four-poster Queen bed. At the other end of the home, the second bedroom beckons with its ample natural light, creating a bright and cheerful ambiance. The living area of Cooper House is a versatile space designed to meet your individual needs. With a queen-size sofabed and two twin beds, there's ample room for both relaxation and flexibility for comfortable sleeping arrangements. Prepare to be awed by the sizable eat-in kitchen, freshly modernized to perfection. Featuring granite countertops, open wood shelving, a vintage-style refrigerator, and the original non-working fireplace, it exudes timeless elegance. The kitchen is equipped for your culinary endeavors. With seating for up to eight people, the kitchen provides an ideal space for dining and creating lasting memories. Cooper House seamlessly combines the character of its historic roots with modern luxuries, ensuring an memorable experience for guests. Cooper House is half a block off of King Street. Excellent WALKABILITY SCORE of 95
NOTE: 6 adults only. Will allow additional 2 kids (under age of 18) for total of 8.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Our location offers the vibrant energy of a lively urban setting, with amazing dining, entertainment, and music venues close by which includes music venues directly behind on King Street. While we comply with the city's noise ordinance and cannot control external noise, we advise guests that street noises and typical urban sounds are to be expected. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This unit is on the top floor, with potential other guests in the unit below you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site. HCVR does not provide discounts or refunds for noise-related complaints. By renting this unit, you acknowledge and accept the potential for noise as described.
PARKING: One off-street parking spot included. Additional parking available at close by City of Charleston garage. No tandem parking, blocking driveways/stairwells. Motorcycles, scooters, golf carts not allowed. Plugging EV cars into home's power outlets prohibited. Contact Host for parking concerns. Non-compliance may result in towing by HOA without prior notice.
NEED MORE SPACE? Inquire about additional units at the same property or two blocks away for bigger groups, weddings, or family get-togethers.
Please send an inquiry for more availability, including this units "twin" on the downstairs floor.
- No events or events allowed.
- Only guests on the reservation and registered with Host are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind, nor candles inside the unit nor outside on the porch, parking areas.
- No family pets allowed.
- EVs (electric cars) are not to be connected to outlets.
- City of Charleston Quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Non-compliance may result in immediate termination without refund.
Check-In Time: 4pm
Check-Out Time: 10am
GUEST REGISTRATION: Before arrival, all guests must register with complete names, dates of birth, car information, a valid unexpired photo ID, and acceptance of the renters agreement. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon submission. Check-in details, including door and WiFi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival. Accurate guest information is required to avoid cancellation without a refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A security deposit hold of $650 is required by HCVR for this unit. It will be released 7 days after checkout if no issues arise. The security deposit hold is placed by HCVR and may involve separate payment methods.
TV: Appreciate SmartTVs with complimentary content apps. Guests can log into their own app accounts and must log off before leaving. No cable or local TV channels supplied.
CONSUMABLES: We offer initial supplies (coffee, creamer, sugar) for the Keurig. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry pods, detergent, and trash bags based on availability. Starter supplies not replenished during stay. Consider bringing additional or buying locally for bigger quantities.
WIFI: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi. Modifying or disconnecting the WiFi service, including for TVs, WiFi, and door locks, is not allowed. Any intentional tampering or disconnection of WiFi and/or routers will result in immediate eviction without a refund. Standard internet connectivity supplied; capacity and speed limitations could apply when handling high-bandwidth demands.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Review your reservation's policy. Cancellations within refund period have 3% processing fee. Consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Insurance. No refunds for appliance/internet/HVAC/water issues. No refunds for power outages, internet disruptions, water shortages, flooding, construction, or evacuations due to natural events.
HURRICANE SEASON AND WEATHER EVENTS: Refunds/cancellations for hurricanes are only available with specific Governor-issued evacuation order for Charleston County during your stay. Our policy excludes weather events affecting your departure or transit locations. No refunds for other weather-related incidents, sickness, or flight cancellations as per our cancellation policy. Hurricane season is June to November. Protect your plans by purchasing Travel Insurance from Holy City Vacation Units or a trusted provider.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: Notify the Host promptly to address and resolve issues. Failure to communicate complaints timely forfeits the right to raise concerns. Host not responsible for external noises.
- Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
- Place used towels on bathroom floor.
- Run dishwasher if needed.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer, ensuring nothing is left.
- Dispose of closed trash bags in designated bin near parking area.
- Double-check belongings.
- Close and lock all doors, including porches.
- Send text message to notify check-out.
NOTE: Guests acknowledge housekeeping fee covers standard cleaning (linen change, floor, kitchen, bathroom). Extra cleaning, e.g., biohazardous fluids, may cost up to $1000. Linens/furnishings replaced at replacement value.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is equipped with external perimeter security cameras to monitor public areas such as porches, parking areas, front doors, and common spaces. These cameras are active and record video and audio for enhanced security during guest reservations. Any attempt to disconnect, cover, or tamper with the cameras will result in immediate eviction without a refund.
PEST CONTROL: Despite routine pest control services, occasional bugs such as flies, ants, mosquitoes, gnats, palmetto bugs, and flying termites are possible in the coastal region of South Carolina, specifically in Charleston. Guests should be vigilant about closing doors to prevent pests from entering. Please note that HCVR does not offer refunds for pest complaints.. If a guest makes a fraudulent claim about pests to seek compensation, they will be charged for a service call from the security deposit.
POLLEN SEASON in Charleston takes place from March to June, peaking in April. During this time, trees release fine-textured pollen that floats through the air, leaving a yellow dust coating on various surfaces. To minimize pollen indoors, it is recommended to keep doors closed. However, it's important to note that HCVR does not offer refunds for complaints related to pollen.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Animals are not allowed on the rental property. Any presence of pets will result in eviction and forfeiture of payments. However, service animals are welcome. Owners of service animals must answer two ADA-related questions: 1) Is the animal required due to a disability? 2) What tasks is the animal trained to perform? Guests must provide a rabies vaccination certificate and keep the service animal with them at all times – no crating nor leaving them alone in the unit. Misrepresenting pets as service animals will lead to eviction without a refund and potential penalties as per SC Code Section 47-3-980. Failure to provide requested information will be considered as having a pet, leading to reservation cancellation. Misrepresenting a pet as a service animal may result in eviction and a pet cleaning fee of up to $1000.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS, defined as the person making the reservation on the behalf of others.
Charleston City Permit: 04126
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Charleston area rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in Fall or Spring is a good way to save money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Some owners offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies usually offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides which will include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your search:
- Begin by selecting your a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Old World Charm of Cooper House has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the property owner before you book your home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You will need to establish which bed configuration is optimal for your vacation group.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
- If your group is bringing pets, you will need a pet-friendly rental. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- Get the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental. Store the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any issues with the property at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles