- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Smoke Detectors
About this Property
Ideal for modest families, girls weekends, or a couples hideaway, this oceanside getaway, located at the Sea Inn on Isle of Palms, is privately owned and maintained. It is generously appointed with all you might need for a inviting stay at the beach that wont break the bank. Don't think of it as a condo at the beach - think of it as our 'guest room', fixed up for you with all that you need for a great get-away.
What's inside: This enormous STUDIO condo sleeps 4 with 1 King-sized bed (Black Label Simmons Beautyrest) and one full-sized convertible bed (futon), both in the huge sleeping area. Please note that there is no door to the sleeping area.
There is one full bathroom with tub/shower.
Kitchen has a convection-microwave for speedy microwaving that can also be used for REAL OVEN BAKING for pizza, cookies, casseroles, etc. There is a drip-style coffee maker, NuWave induction prepare-top with essential pots and pans to use with it, toaster, dishwasher (a big plus!!) and refrigerator with freezer. There is a full complement of dishes, drink ware, silverware, pots, pans, silverware. There are silverware for the grille as well. There is no full-sized "oven/stove" per se, but there are modest appliances to fulfill needs for scrambling eggs or baking a lasagne.
The dining table seats 2 or 4. There are additional chairs in the closet. Wall-mounted flat screen TV can be seen from the bed room and the dining area.
You are welcome to use the beach equipment that lives in the closet.
The Sea Inn includes a private pool, complimentary parking (a commodity on the island!), and coined laundry facilities which happen to be readily located a few doors down from our condo. Just 20 steps away is an outdoor seating area with a grille and picnic table where it is common for visitors to congregate for delighted hour and burgers on the grille. This is a great spot in the complex where neighboring visitors become friends, often returning year after year. The pool is on the other side of the building so when there is pool noise, you wont hear it. (An added additional!!) When you open your front door, you might hear music coming from the beach front area, but you wont relish being a half block away until you go around the corner and the music gets louder! Staying sea front isnt always what its cracked up to be there is a reason why there is a city-wide 10pm noise ordinance. It will be dazzling and peaceful here.
Most excellent of all:The furriest member of the family doesnt have to miss out on all the fun! (Dogs only.) A pet fee is mandatory for your pooch to stay and is added on as an additional guest fee. The fee is $20 PER DAY (PER 40 POUNDS) and WILL BE ADJUSTED AT THE TIME OF YOUR BOOKING. The floor is tiled. There is a new vet clinic right down the street plus an emergency clinic and pet stores in Mt Agreeable for all your pup's needs.
If you are not traveling with Rover, have no fear - our place is well-maintained and will not have any tell-tale signs of animals ever curling up to sleep here.
Are you celebrating something? Let us know how we can make it special.
'What if my plans change?' Cancellation policy: 100% refund if cancelled 30 days prior to arrival, 50% if cancelled 14-29 days prior to arrival, 0% if cancelled less than 14 days ahead of arrival. But, we are reasonable people, so let's have a conversation about it.
Want to see our reviews on HomeAway? Search for unit #3875755.
***IMPORTANT*** If you make your reservation through an online reservation system such as Tripadvisor, Flipkey, Vacation Rental By Owner or HomeAway, all important information - confirmation, arrival information, door codes, parking passes, pet policies - will come to you from our internal e-mail system at Waterview Unit Management, LLC. Please be on the lookout! You will not want to miss the e-mail we send.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental homes supply Charleston area area travel discount catalogs which include promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, because this allows visitors to discover the very same terrific attractions with a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacation goers to the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to specific visitors, whether it is downtown rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are often times shocked at the number and wide variety of short term rental properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
We have developed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "#109 Heart of IOP 1st Fl Studio Condo@ Ocean Inn, 1 blk to beach" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming visit? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many households plan to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Settle on your Place and Travel Week
Consensus can often be complicated between family members, but once this tricky part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "#109 Heart of IOP 1st Fl Studio Condo@ Ocean Inn, 1 blk to beach" suits your price range *during your desired week*. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single member of your company will need to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental with outside dining area? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property rate? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Do people in your group have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your best friend! Even though a number of vacation rentals permit household pets, guidelines and charges vary per property. Many constraints might dismiss a potential rental. Study your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
When the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that suit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Read the Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, travelers must pay state taxes when booking "#109 Heart of IOP 1st Fl Studio Condo@ Ocean Inn, 1 blk to beach", in addition to any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental property
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can prevent conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call prevents many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. More often than not, surrounding households are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of advice.
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most vacation rental web sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere about your rental experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they feel about the rental home? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If not, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.