- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- EV Car Charger
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this Property403 By-The-Sea...Blurring the Line Between Residence and Resort on the top floor of handsome Shipwatch in Wild Dunes.
High level Commercial CDC approved cleaning and disinfecting between visitors.
Beach and pool are open!
SC eateries and shopping are open!
**NOTE we precisely recommend travel insurance at all times. No one can predict or plan for the unknown.
**NOTE we do NOT offer the Sportscard as past visitors found it disappointing due to:
-Access to resort pool is limited to after 4 pm, and the resort frequently closes theirs for receptions and events. Shipwatch has the biggest pool on the island next to the resort.
-Tennis and cardio room still have an hourly/daily fee. IoP has a striking public cardio room and complimentary tennis courts available to visitors just outdoor the gates of Wild Dunes
-There are no additional benefits to visitors.
Stunning delight condo remodel. Three Immaculate Bedrooms, Three Spa-like Baths, One Spectacular View.
Highest-reviewed 3 bdrm extravagance holiday condo on the Island.
Largest Shipwatch condo on top floor. 1616 sq ft. Penthouse location has biggest, open concept unit in Shipwatch. Other 3 bedroom units here are considerably smaller with lower level vistas.
Vistas that are really spectacular and described as the most superb on the island. Most first-rate sunrise vistas from the Master Bedroom in Shipwatch.
You came for the beach. The captivating sound of the surf. Sparkling sand and tons of space. It's marvelous and it’s phoning you. Spend the day frolicking on the beach, or teeing off at an award winning golf course. Finish the day with a walk down historic cobblestone streets to appreciate local seafood. Return to your Sea Front Oasis for moonlit drinks on the balcony.
We are directly on the biggest, private beach on Isle of Palms, SC. Expansive, with plenty of room to relax, throw a ball or go for a bicycle ride. This is a PRIVATE BEACH.
Walking distance to world distinguished golf.
12 Miles from Downtown Charleston.
Building A of Shipwatch, Top Floor with completely unobstructed vistas from Master Bedroom & Family Room. If it's any other building, or a lower floor, there's a risk your vistas are impeded. Ours are not.
A featured Better Homes & Gardens Build + Design Team modernized and furbished this modern penthouse condo, creating an impeccable, beckoning Retreat.
Here's what you can expect:
Gracious, thoughtfully designed interior spaces.
Largest open concept 3 bdrm condo in Shipwatch.
Parking for up to 2 cars.
Sparkling high end, completely refreshed bathrooms. Upscale, completely supplied kitchen, stainless steel appliances, additional libation refrigerator. Relaxing high end furnishings, new ceiling fans, new high end pillow top beds on every bed, finished in serene aquas, blues and greens. Clean, shining and inviting rooms.
Beach towels included to simplify your packing.
Concierge services available upon request.
Infant and children's equipment can also be reserved and set up upon request.
Two phenomenal oceanfront balconies and an additional resort view outdoor space. Shiplap on the ceilings, shining high end glass tile in the bathrooms, rustic wood plank tile on the floors. Ceiling fans in every bedroom. Smooth maintenance, modren furnishings. 4 new generous Intelligent TVs.
Largest pool in Wild Dunes with generous decks and room for adults and splashy kiddos. It's mineral too! Modest playground and community gazebo. Pool has private change rooms and bathrooms. Outdoor shower right at entrance to building. Everything is literally steps away.
Steel and cement constructed top floor condo creates a much quieter unit.
We appreciate our furry friends, but this is a NO PET complex, stringently enforced by our HOA.
Complete Exterior Remodel
Expansive, Delight Interior Remodel
Complete Beach Renourishment
Giant Mineral Pool/Kiddie Pool with Travertine decking just resurfaced
Gracious & Inspiring Penthouse Location
Unobstructed Sea Vistas from 2 balconies.
One gargantuan sunset resort view outdoor space
6 miles of Wide Open PRIVATE Beach
Prestigious gated community of Wild Dunes
Adjacent to Two Award Winning Golf Courses
24 Hour Manned Gated Entrance
Two 18 Hole Championship Golf Courses designed by Tom Fazio
The Harbor Course
The Links Course
Golf Clubhouse with dining
Village Plaza with Retail Stores
Boardwalk Inn Resort Hotel
3 King sized beds, 1 Twin size bed. New, opulence pillow top beds on every bed.
Dining Capacity 6-10
2 Parking Spaces
Prime location/Penthouse/top floor
Totally outfitted kitchen includes a commercial style Margarita machine!
Designer furnishings, linens/new high end pillow top beds in every room
Enhanced WiFi & High Speed Internet
Alexa includes and USB outlets
2 Sea View Balconies
1 Enormous Resort View Deck
Closest Pool: 25 yards
Distance to Beach: Beachfront
Distance to the Extensive Pavilion (music, drinks, eateries,spa): 1800 yards
Distance to Harbor Golf Course: 1800 yards
Distance to Links Golf Course: 700 yards
Distance to the Spa: 1800 yards
Distance to Coastal Provisions & Boardwalk Bar: 1800 yards
Distance to Huey's Breakfast & Lunch: 700 yards
Distance to Charleston: 12 miles
403 By-The-Sea is where this summer's memories will be made.
See our floor plan.
Every room has been curated and designed for your appreciation and bliss. We promise you will be delighted with your experience!
**NOTE since the video was done there are a few modest changes: the main level bedroom now has a king size bed and NOT two twin beds (see photos). The second master upstairs no longer has the dresser. It has been replaced with a twin bed with a trundle and a closet system (see photos). So total of 3 KING beds and 1 twin.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guide books with deals for lodging, dining and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Able to change your trip week? The off-peak seasons will offer amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Several property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is soundside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual home owners commonly offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short-term rental homes available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to locate a rental home which fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to discover that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you book "Oceanfront. Luxury. Penthouse. ", examine our brief collection of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many desirable hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the greatest choice of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area rental 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of families decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Consensus can often be complicated between family members, but once this difficult part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you should have. Keep in mind that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain "Oceanfront. Luxury. Penthouse. " suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a pricey rental property. One member of your group will need to be given the task of collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you just want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do individual people in your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at many rentals, but policies can vary. A number of constraints may dismiss a potential vacation property. Examine your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
The best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies typically have a unique collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar homes that suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Agreement
Read through the complete contract and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager right away to report your observations.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Frequently, neighboring homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental home web sites request feedback after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience that will help with the next search.