- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCharleston, South Carolina, is a city synonymous with Southern hospitality. First, there’s the historic city then there’s the beach, and of course, the food, magic and authentic warm welcome that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll feel especially at home at The Lodge Alley Inn™. Upon arrival, visitors will discover original pine floors and red brick walls, thick Oriental carpets, period reproductions and intimate parlors with fireplaces. Adding to the ambiance of this resort, Victorian-style villas blend old-world appeal in the common living areas with modern kitchens and baths.
I'm renting our timeshare out during last week of Spoleto, check-in 6/2/2018, check-out 6/9/2018; $1500 .
Downtown Charleston - Lodge Alley Inn. Next to High Cotton, Slightly North of Broad, and Amen Street Eateries.
Two blocks to City Market, two blocks to Waterfront Park, two blocks to galleries.
Unit is a thoroughly decorated one bedroom loft (maybe spiral staircase). 1 Bedroom Loft
Square ft. - 672-974; Sleeps 4; Kitchen (completely furbished).
1 Queen bed, 1 Couch bed
Bath(s) - 1 Full
Laundry is in Common area
Additional info - Possible Spiral Stairs to Bed and Bath.
Valet parking in garage across street, $16/day, (complimentary if you have Handicap Access), or find your own.
Valet fee and $100 deposit is your responsibility upon check-in. No family dogs and cats and no smoking only. Deposit mandatory to hold unit.
Really dazzling units and a ridiculous staff.
The $1500 rate includes all taxes and cleaning costs. This resort does not offer daily maid service. Only additional charge will be for valet parking if you choose.
We are Bluegreen owners with time that we cannot use. We are NOT a travel agency. When you stay at one of these top resorts as our guest, you do NOT have to attend a time-share presentation. Payment is through PayPal. Upon payment confirmation, the reservation will be put in your name. Resort may require a deposit hold on a credit card at check-in.
Resort is located at 195 East Bay Street, Charleston SC 29401.
There may be availability on other dates or at other Bluegreen locations. Please ask about these if you are interested.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus offer promotional travel guide books with special deals for rental management companies, dining and tours. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for during your stay? If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you love, search for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual property owners often offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be surprised to find out just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to suit their Charleston area family, from restful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to facilitate internet marketing, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
We have constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Downtown Charleston Loft For Week of Spoleto", read through our short list of factors to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Start by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Most rental homes are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired stay. It may be at the top end of the range. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check that each party knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Generally, one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What property features is the group interested in? Is a screened porch a requirement? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the property have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Special Factors to consider
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Do not forget to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines can vary. Be sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Agreement
Read through the entire contract and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager straight away.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to offer comments. If the property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but genuine about your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a blast? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. If not, you have acquired valuable experience that can help with the next search.
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.4 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles