- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyJust one block away from upper King Street, the epicenter of the city's acclaimed restaurant and nightlife district. Savor some of Charleston's choice local dining all within one block of this rental. A few of our favorites include Chez Nous, The Ordinary, Hominy Grille, Five Loaves, Sugar bakeshop, plus many more! Come experience Charleston's southern hospitality. Unwind on the private porch with a glass of wine.
Important Info to Note:
•We give a streaming device as opposed to standard cable. Guests can login to the supplied streaming apps with their credentials.
•Wi-fi is included
•One off-street parking space supplied at no additional price- we recommend an economy size car
•No family dogs and cats allowed
•Check-in is at 4 PM / Check-out is at 11AM.
•Please note our strict cancellation policy
•Parties and/or events are NOT allowed
- Many management companies and rental properties provide Charleston area area promotional catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds and lower your expenses? Shoulder seasons offer fantastic prices.
- Many management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning travelers to the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to particular vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Charleston area family, from calm condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental properties in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the right vacation rental:
Do you think "Downtown Home in Heart of Charleston" is the best rental home for your upcoming trip? Read through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Select your Area and Travel Week
Begin by choosing which specific area of Charleston area you prefer to browse, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Make a Budget
Confirm that "Downtown Home in Heart of Charleston" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
What home features is your group looking for? Do you only want a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to night life? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Proper access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Many limitations may eliminate a prospective rental home. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often have a unique assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
After you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage when you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be valuable.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Nearly all rental home sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they like the vacation rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the rental was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles