- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe James Sparrow House was constructed in 1797. It is an superb example of a Charleston Single House in the late Federal style. This is a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom unit. A ideal place for enormous family gatherings or a fun weekend with friends. We require a two nighttime minimum stay Monday-Wednesday and a three nighttime minimum stay Thursday-Sunday. Walking up the alluring fronts steps onto the sizable front porch, you will relish a very generous, opulent living room and dining room on the first floor, as well as a completely supplied kitchen and half bath. The second floor includes two sizable bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each and both with en-suite bathrooms. The third floor is a breathtaking space with two bedroom one with 4 constructed in single beds and one with 1 single bed. There is a full bath as well. Located on Cannon Street in the design district of Downtown Charleston, it is a brief walk from famed eateries and bars including two James Beard recipient eateries. Savor some of Charleston's most elegant local dining with Hominy Grille, Lana, Two Boroughs Larder, Five Loaves, The Grocery, and The Ordinary, all located within 3 blocks of the bungalow. For a morning sweet treat try Wildflower Bakery or Sugar Bakeshop just steps away.
Appreciate high ceilings, marvelous natural light, high definition TV, washer dryer, and a Striking porch. Linens and towels are supplied. Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee grinder, coffee maker, high def TV, gas range and electric oven, LeCreuset cookware, refrigerator, disposal, ice maker, pop-up toaster, tea kettle, iPod Player/Speaker, hairdryer, iron & modest ironing board, dishes, coffee, toilet paper, paper towels, soap.
We require a two nighttime minimum stay Monday-Wednesday and a three nighttime minimum stay Thursday-Sunday.
Check In is 3:00 pm and Check Out is 11:00 am.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with deals for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Is it possible to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer fantastic opportunities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for price reductions. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to specific visitors, whether it's oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and practical knowledge to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
We've put together a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and booking the right rental home:
Before you decide to book "Elegant 4 bedroom house with 9 Beds and 3.5 Bath", read through our brief list of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before a trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Pick a Town and Date
Agreement can be tough between family, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Just How Many Beds?
Establish who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Be mindful that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure that "Elegant 4 bedroom house with 9 Beds and 3.5 Bath" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Usually, a single member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you just desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
In some cases the older generation has challenges with stairs. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furry family members. Even though a number of vacation rentals permit animal friends, rules and fees fluctuate per property. A number of restrictions may possibly dismiss a potential rental property. Read your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
After the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies often times have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of similar properties that fit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, visitors must pay state taxes when renting "Elegant 4 bedroom house with 9 Beds and 3.5 Bath", as well as any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you need to Cancel
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you find damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Please be respectful of the community. Permanent residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many vacation rental web sites seek feedback after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest with regards to stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. How did they feel about the property? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. If the rental home was not perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles