- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe James Sparrow House was constructed in 1797. It is an great example of a Charleston Single House in the late Federal style. This is a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom unit. A ideal place for huge family gatherings or a fun weekend with friends. We require a two nighttime minimum stay Monday-Wednesday and a three nighttime minimum stay Thursday-Sunday. Walking up the superb fronts steps onto the sizable front porch, you will appreciate a very generous, fashonable living room and dining room on the first floor, as well as a entirely supplied kitchen and half bath. The second floor includes two sizable bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each and both with en-suite bathrooms. The third floor is a awesome space with two bedroom one with 4 constructed in single beds and one with 1 single bed. There is a full bath as well. Located on Cannon Street in the design district of Downtown Charleston, it is a brief walk from acclaimed eateries and bars including two James Beard recipient eateries. Adore some of Charleston's premium local dining with The Darling, Five Loaves, The Grocery, and The Ordinary, all located within 3 blocks of the bungalow. For morning treats try Sugar Bakeshop or Brown's Court Bakery just steps away.
Relish high ceilings, excellent natural light, high definition T.V., washer dryer, and a glamourous porch. Linens and towels are supplied. Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee grinder, coffee maker, high def TV, gas range and electric oven, LeCreuset cookware, refrigerator, disposal, ice maker, pop-up toaster, tea kettle, iPod Player/Speaker, hairdryer, iron & modest ironing board, dishes, coffee, toilet paper, paper towels, soap.
We require a two nighttime minimum stay Monday-Wednesday and a three nighttime minimum stay Thursday-Sunday.
Check In is 3:00 pm and Check Out is 11:00 am.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and vacation rental houses provide Charleston area area traveller discount books which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or via a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these guides and coupon books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the same activities at a substantial discounted.
- In a position to modify your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or returning vacation goers of the same rental home. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most getting excited about ? You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Advice
You might be surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be happy to discover that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "Elegant 4 Bedroom- Pet Friendly and 15 Minutes to Open Beach" is the perfect rental for your upcoming family vacation? Read this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many popular vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area getaway 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Many groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be challenging among close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Create a Budget
Make certain "Elegant 4 Bedroom- Pet Friendly and 15 Minutes to Open Beach" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. A single member of your party will need to be given the task of collecting repayments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental price at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Needs"
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the home have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do some members of your crew have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your companion! Although quite a few rental homes allow dogs and cats, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Many restrictions might eliminate a potential rental. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Go Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also suggest immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any required repairs.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental property to ensure that you've packed all possessions.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but straightforward about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles