- As low as $196/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Be in the center of it all with this 4-bedroom city bungalow with height-adjustable split-king beds with memory foam beds. Each bed frame also has constructed-in USB chargers, ideal for intelligent phones!
Foodies rejoice! Savor a variety of eateries near this city home or prepare on the gourmet gas range! Eat in the attached dining area with seating for 8 or outdoors on the dual wooden decks in the fenced-in backyard.
This Charming 4 Bedroom Charleston Home Is Located Less than 5 Miles From MUSC, 5.3 Miles From College of Charleston, and 5.5 Miles From Marion Square in Historic Downtown Charleston! 3.5 Miles to Charleston Sail Harbor Yacht Tours at the Marina! 2 Miles to the State Historic Site Charles Towne Landing! 1.8 miles from I-526.
Recently redecorated and refreshed with a gourmet gas stove and upsized refrigerator with a filtered water and ice dispenser. A Roku-powered, flat-screen TV with Sling TV has also been added, and there's Gigabit Internet from WOW! Internet for all your devices!
Always on your smartphone? No worries, there are multiple constructed-in USB chargers—including in all 4 king-sized bed frames!
Every bedroom has a split-king bed with memory foam beds and wireless remotes for height adjustments. No one gets stuck with the modest bed in this city home!
Do you like a soft fill pillow or the support of a memory foam pillow? Either way, we have you covered. Each king-sized bed is complete with memory foam standard-sized pillows and king-sized regular pillows. Down-alternative, all-season duvets make each king-sized bed snuggle-ready.
The kitchen is supplied with classy dishware and retro glassware if you choose to prepare using the gourmet gas range. Clean-up is painless with a dishwasher and garbage disposal at the ready. There are also convenience appliances including a microwave and Keurig coffee maker.
This city bungalow has plenty of vintage appeal, but it has new air conditioning and heating units so you can savor warm and sunny South Carolina days followed by cool evenings. That is, when you aren't out on the dual decks or around the fire pit in the fenced-in backyard.
There's an off-street parking spot if you choose to bring or rent a car. Even though it's the city, the immediate neighborhood's eateries (including the best Carolina BBQ restaurant in the greater Charleston area—Swig & Swine) often have complimentary parking. City parking outside of our neighborhood can be difficult and expensive, though. If you choose to venture outside of the West Ashley neighborhood, especially if you are considering the peninsula, Mark and I recommend leaving the car at the bungalow and taking Uber or a taxi instead. Uber has a very strong presence throughout Charleston.
No keys to lose or to return! This property provides secure, keyless entry with an August Intelligent Lock. You can lock and unlock the door with your smartphone and the acclaimed August Home app. August will issue a unique virtual key issued to you for the duration of your stay. You will have access to the home, backyard and driveway parking.
Other things to note
This comfortable city bungalow rents for 30 days or more and is in the residential neighborhood of West Ashley in Charleston. Looking for a shorter-term rental or a bigger place? Ask about our more than 4,100 sq-ft home next to a 10-acre private lake outside of Charleston or our single-story three-bedroom home near Nexton Square in Summerville.
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $100 nonrefundable fee per stay payable through AirBnB after check-in or, if you prefer, directly to the cleaning service (2 pet max. allowed)
- Must be courteous to the neighbors—especially observing peaceful hours from 8:30 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Any changes to the guest count must be reported.
- Please note that the home is equipped with intelligent home devices, such as a digital front door lock and a Ring outdoor security camera. Do not tinker or tamper with these items.
- Must be at least 21 years old to book.
- Self check-in with intelligent lock; you must have a smartphone to download and use the August Home app to lock and unlock the front door.
- Do not let trash accumulate inside or outside the bungalow. Place the trash bin on the curb by 5 a.m. on Tuesday morning or call us to roll the trash bin out for you.
- The City of Charleston picks up recycling twice a month. We will share pickup dates with you. Please either roll out the recycling bin by 5 a.m. on the recycling pick-up date or call us to roll the recycling bin for you.
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- This should go without saying, but no parking on the grass.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in West Ashley, a neighborhood in Charleston. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Caw Caw Interpretive Center and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park, while American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the best vacation rental experience:
Finding your best deal:
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. To get the most suitable rental home for your budget, we recommend reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular Charleston area attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides which will include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing and booking your prefect Charleston area vacation home:
- Select dates and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Comfy in the City! All King-sized Adjustable Beds! has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before you reserve the property. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine what is right for your trip.
- If there's a specific Charleston area beach you are enamored with, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before booking
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or could be applied to your agreement.
Advice for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a great source for finding the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Upon check-out, take a walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- The Citadel - 3.1 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.3 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.3 miles
- City Marina - 3.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 4.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 4.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 4.5 miles