About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This well designed home introduces an eclectic ambiance combining modern and coastal elements. The furnishings are very comfortable and inviting. Classy & fun!
A sizable, light and bright living room welcomes you. A great place to gather with a big screen tv, couch, lounge chairs and an additional cozy leather recliner. There are 3 handsome bedrooms. Master with En-suite bathroom, French doors to private deck and a enormous double closet. Next is a Twin bedroom. Casual & comfortable with linen duvets and cozy throws. There is also a huge closet. The third bedroom has a Futon Couch and a Work Space area. This room has two separate closets. There is a Queen Air Mattress & linens stored in the left closet. Bedroom 2 & 3 share a full bathroom in the hallway.
The kitchen is well equipped and roomy. There is a table for 4 and stools at the counter. Tea, coffee, breakfast cereal and pancakes are on me!
There’s a lot to say about James Island! There are so many great local eateries, bars and parks. You can’t top the sunsets. The location is marvelous..
Minutes to appealing downtown Charleston. Striking Folly Beach is 9 miles away. Kiawah Island with its famed Ocean Course, one of 36 in the area, is a spectacular 20 min. drive.
Nearby Plantations to visit and plenty of outdoor experiences to be had. If you’re in for the international Spoleto Festival, it is very convenient to reach from the home.
You can also do a day trip to Savannah.
Appreciate the home! There is a new patio with plenty of seating & BBQ grille.
Any special requests? I would be happy to help!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Riverland Terrace, a neighborhood in Charleston, and is next to a golf course and on the waterfront. Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Up to 50 lbs
Tips and Tricks for getting the best vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Book your vacation home in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guide magazines contain coupons for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Planning and picking a perfectvacation home:
- First, have your family select the best dates and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Classy & Close to Everything
James Island, Charleston SC has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible online. If not, contact the host before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If your group is traveling with pets, filter your search for a property that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Is your family looking for special amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Get the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. Store the host's information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are away, just like you would back home.
- To make sure that no damages are attributed to your visit, inspect for any problem areas upon your arrival. Make contact with the host right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great source for finding the best local beaches.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- When it's time to leave, take a walk-through to make sure you didn't forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a great vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was great, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- James Island County Park - 2.2 miles
- City Marina - 2.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.1 miles
- The Citadel - 3.1 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.7 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles