- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyThis quintessential 1950s bungalow home is located on the magnificant "Avenue of Oaks" in Riverland Terrace. It is located 4 miles from Historic Downtown and 9 miles from Folly Beach!
Centrally located, it is just 5 miles from the famed Angel Oak and Charles Towne Landing, within 10 miles of Mt Nice, Shem Creek, Sullivans Island, Magnolia Plantation, and Tanger Outlets, and under 15 miles from Middleton Place, Charleston Tea Plantation, Kiawah Island, Boone Hall and Isle of Palms!
This unit is walking distance to a public boat launch and park, community gardens, ball fields, public golf course, antique shop, SIX famed eateries and bars - with great live music, Sunday Brunch Farmer s Market, and the Terrace Theater - voted Finest Theater in Charleston 7 years in a row!
This freshly remodeled home offers warm, comfortable sleeping accomadations for up to 10 visitors with 8 actual beds (2 Queen and 6 twins - brand new beds). It splendidly maintains the nostalgia of stepping back in time with a kitchen that includes a restored, original 1953 Chambers oven/stove and a modern take on the old Frigidaire. There are crystal light fixtures and door knobs everywhere, with a claw foot tub in one of the bathrooms. There is a beautiful, all season garden with a fountain, screened in gazebo, and a huge, private outdoor shower with warm water for year round use.
This is the ideal home to experience many of the reasons why Charleston has been ranked #1 US City by Travel + Leisure Magazine seven years in a row!
Hope to greet you soon!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with special offers for rental management companies, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows travelers to enjoy those great attractions with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are the trip dates changeable? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic offers.
- Several management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat guests to the same property. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly anticipating ? You'll receive the best value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are located in their area of interest. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to discover that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "Classic Charleston Garden Cottage on Historic Rd- near Downtown & Folly Beach" is the perfect rental home for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Pick a Community and Time
Consensus can be difficult between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be aware that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, contact the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Classic Charleston Garden Cottage on Historic Rd- near Downtown & Folly Beach" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. In most cases, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What home features is your family searching for? Do you want a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. While many rental homes allow cats and dogs, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective vacation property. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
Once the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Your best prospects for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read through the Total Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard rate, visitors must pay local taxes when booking "Classic Charleston Garden Cottage on Historic Rd- near Downtown & Folly Beach", as well as various other additional fees which may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you discover property damage, or if repairs are needed contact the property manager immediately.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your review.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? Ideally everything turned out to be exceptional and you're all set to reserve the same property for next season. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- James Island County Park - 1.8 miles
- City Marina - 3.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.1 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.4 miles
- The Citadel - 3.5 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.7 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.8 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles