- As low as $275/Week
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Dining table
- Fitness center access
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding
- Housekeeping (limited)
- Ice skating
- Motor boating
- Outlet shopping
- Rock climbing
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Water park access
- Water skiing
About this Property**Contactless entry, sanitized and thoroughly cleaned in between stays. Housekeeper is in gloves and a mask while inside the home**
Historic Charleston Bed & Breakfast is Charleston's Choice Winner for Finest B&B 2019
This adorable, 2-story carriage home is about 700 square feet, and has an open floor plan with the living room and kitchen downstairs, and a sizable queen bedroom with one full bath (tub/shower) upstairs. There is an optional twin bed available in the same bedroom for an additional charge. The kitchen is outfitted with an array of continental breakfast items for you to prepare at your leisure. Parking for one car is included, as well as cable TV and high speed internet access. The interior has traditional, Old World furnishings and décor. This property is located in the very charming “South of Broad Street” area in the historic district of downtown Charleston, but it is on a peaceful residential street. You can walk to many incredible stores, eateries and galleries. The property has a enchanting garden for you to savor. The tax rate on this property is 14%.
There is also a twin bed available for a third person with a daily $25 fee.
Prices: See details for low season, high season, and special events.
#OP2019 - 00242
Sorry, NO smoking and NO family pets
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus supply promotional tourism guides with special offers for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Be on the lookout for these publications and coupon books, since this allows travelers to enjoy the very same fantastic attractions with a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Are you able to shift your vacation week? The off-peak seasons may offer phenomenal rates on weekly rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discount rates. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to night life. You will definitely get the best value from a home that most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Vacation Rental Advice
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the number and variety of weekly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most novices will be happy to discover that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "Charleston Gem with parking!!!", go through our short list of points to consider.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area rentals start booking very early. To guarantee the very best choice of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Agreement can be complicated between family members, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the group. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain "Charleston Gem with parking!!!" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly vacation property. One member of your party will need to be responsible for getting payments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Rental Home Amenities
What home features is your group trying to find? Do you simply want a vacation home with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are bedsheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Do people in your group have special needs? Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Many limitations may dismiss a prospective rental property. Examine your agreement very carefully! Additional charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match renters with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Your best possibility of a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Total Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damages right after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required get in touch with the property manager straight away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be valuable.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to be sure you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental property web sites request comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be easy. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable experience to aid with the next search.
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.1 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.2 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles